• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange question - What to do with 300 copies of Sonic The Hedgehog #1

31 posts in this topic

Box is sold from what I understand

While it's a $125-$150 book at the moment if market get saturated that value could drop

I didn't notice, did he say they sold?

And yes. He's not getting that for all books....which is why I mentioned holding back 5-10 nice copies and sell them here and there and do the rest of the case as a lot.

I believe some dealer locally purchased them. I hope they follow your advice.

With a Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works I would sell one book at a time. Sony is just waiting to see how Ratchet & Clank movie does next year before Sonic the Hedgehog gets the greenlight to go into production.

A Ratchet and Clank movie is in the works? :wishluck:

Ratchet and Clank movie comes out April 2016. There has already been a trailer. The comics have been selling really well.

:whee:...and apparently I live under a rock by not having cable. :(

You do old timer! j.k :baiting::hi:

i'll buy them

larryscomicsinc@aol.com

Larry

This.

Sell them to a dealer like Larry who will do the work and sell them individually.

Don't give them away, but be realistic with your asking price. Remember, the dealers doing the work of individually selling and assumes risk too. 2c

He agreed to sell me 50 for $250

Then declined to sell me 50 for $250

Anyway....

i'll buy them

larryscomicsinc@aol.com

Larry

This.

Sell them to a dealer like Larry who will do the work and sell them individually.

Don't give them away, but be realistic with your asking price. Remember, the dealers doing the work of individually selling and assumes risk too. 2c

He agreed to sell me 50 for $250

Then declined to sell me 50 for $250

Anyway....

Same here. Someone local bought all of them.

With a Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works I would sell one book at a time. Sony is just waiting to see how Ratchet & Clank movie does next year before Sonic the Hedgehog gets the greenlight to go into production.

A Ratchet and Clank movie is in the works? :wishluck:

Ratchet and Clank movie comes out April 2016. There has already been a trailer. The comics have been selling really well.

:whee:...and apparently I live under a rock by not having cable. :(

Cable, what's that? You have the internet.

That's a shame. What will now happen with them is that they will go back into hiding for however long it will be, and instead of a relatively difficult book to find, especially in high grade, coming to market in nice numbers, they will disappear once more. Hopefully not, but that is the most likely scenario.

I would have told you to tell your friend to sell them in packs of 5 or 10 on eBay, and make some collectors quite happy.

Of course, I would have bought them, slabbed 20-40 of them as 9.8s, then doled out the rest one at a time...

;)