• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange question - What to do with 300 copies of Sonic The Hedgehog #1

31 posts in this topic

HI All -

This might sound like a strange question -

My buddy bought a storage unit, and in it was a box from Spartan Publishing, containing 300 copies of Sonic The Hedgehog #1 from Archie Comics. The unit was full or random collectibles (Baseball cards, stuff like that) so obviously a collector, or a collector store of some kind.

He asked me about it since I A) Collect stuff and B) worked at SEGA for a while - But I cant help him.

If it was a different issue, I would say recycle them but i see the #1 issue sell for 10-20$ on ebay... This is just a LOT of them.

Anyone have an idea of what to do with these? He (nor I) want to deal with a one at a time sale thing.

Depends on what shape they are in and if he wants to start listing them for 15 bucks its nice money. Might take a while to sell them but its not like they are worthless.

Either sell them a few at a time for 15 or if he's in such a hurry probably some lcs would give 2 bucks or less each for them. Its really a no brainer to me. 2c

@oakman - That is clearly the easiest solution - and the warmest.....

@nate - Ya, maybe i can convince him to do them one at a time - Overall though I think he would take the 2$ each haha!

lol Oh well man its his loss. I'd throw up a few at a time for 10 just to move them. I bet they been sitting in the storage locker for years right? Now I understand if he has to move and can't take them with him but I scratch my head at the ole store them in boxes for years now in a mad dash to get rid of them mentality.

i'll buy them

larryscomicsinc@aol.com

Larry

This.

Sell them to a dealer like Larry who will do the work and sell them individually.

Don't give them away, but be realistic with your asking price. Remember, the dealers doing the work of individually selling and assumes risk too. 2c

HI All -

This might sound like a strange question -

My buddy bought a storage unit, and in it was a box from Spartan Publishing, containing 300 copies of Sonic The Hedgehog #1 from Archie Comics. The unit was full or random collectibles (Baseball cards, stuff like that) so obviously a collector, or a collector store of some kind.

He asked me about it since I A) Collect stuff and B) worked at SEGA for a while - But I cant help him.

If it was a different issue, I would say recycle them but i see the #1 issue sell for 10-20$ on ebay... This is just a LOT of them.

Anyone have an idea of what to do with these? He (nor I) want to deal with a one at a time sale thing.

Is it this issue?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361433465189?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

It's a solid $125-150 in 9.8. Might be worth holding back 5-10 nice copies and selling the rest. Perhaps email a few dealers and see what they are willing to pay.

I definitely wouldn't take the first offer for the case that I got.

Box is sold from what I understand

While it's a $125-$150 book at the moment if market get saturated that value could drop

I didn't notice, did he say they sold?

And yes. He's not getting that for all books....which is why I mentioned holding back 5-10 nice copies and sell them here and there and do the rest of the case as a lot.

With a Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works I would sell one book at a time. Sony is just waiting to see how Ratchet & Clank movie does next year before Sonic the Hedgehog gets the greenlight to go into production.

A Ratchet and Clank movie is in the works? :wishluck:

With a Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works I would sell one book at a time. Sony is just waiting to see how Ratchet & Clank movie does next year before Sonic the Hedgehog gets the greenlight to go into production.

Ratchet and Clank movie comes out April 2016. There has already been a trailer. The comics have been selling really well.

My suggestion for 300 copies of Sonic #1? Wallpaper a room. Take the wraps apart & split them & just start wallpapering it so you can read the whole comic while staring at the wall.

I never said it was a good suggestion.

Ratchet and Clank movie comes out April 2016. There has already been a trailer. The comics have been selling really well.

:whee:...and apparently I live under a rock by not having cable. :(