• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is buying these?

51 posts in this topic

3. Two negatives. I think the pictures are underwhelming. The costuming is fine (heck its supposed to be authentic and hand made cosplay stuff) But to me the backgrounds and picture compositions are just underwhelming. How about they recreate a famous cover (say ASM50 for the Spidey cos-play)

I agree, it's not a bad marketing strategy but the photography is horrible - stiff and staged. It looks like they could all be saying "How do you want me to stand? Like this?" These would have been a lot better if the photography was better.

This. Check out the photo Cujobyte posted. The camera angle, the lighting, the pose...everything works together to make it dynamic. Granted, it's also got legs and a bit of backside to make it more enticing, but it's just a better photo than the others. It's unfortunate.

3. Two negatives. I think the pictures are underwhelming. The costuming is fine (heck its supposed to be authentic and hand made cosplay stuff) But to me the backgrounds and picture compositions are just underwhelming. How about they recreate a famous cover (say ASM50 for the Spidey cos-play)

I agree, it's not a bad marketing strategy but the photography is horrible - stiff and staged. It looks like they could all be saying "How do you want me to stand? Like this?" These would have been a lot better if the photography was better.

This. Check out the photo Cujobyte posted. The camera angle, the lighting, the pose...everything works together to make it dynamic. Granted, it's also got legs and a bit of backside to make it more enticing, but it's just a better photo than the others. It's unfortunate.

Indeed, even if that young lady had her tuchas covered, it would still be 1000 time better than the Marvel covers.

Marvel must have made the decision intentionally to choose this style of photos over ones done much nicer to connect more with the average Joe cosplay individuals. If they see a pic that's very relatable I'm sure it provides a warmer feeling than ones that look like Hollywood stepped in.

I appreciate the ones that are done very well but even if that was on the cover I wouldn't be buying them.

As a cosplayer myself I think this line was a good idea that was very poorly executed. They hardly choose the most well crafted cosplay and photography is poor. The shots are way too static, someone should have been helping these people pose and instead of random found locations around the convention center they should have been photographed in a professional environment and Photoshopped into a character appropriate environment.

Just plain bad

2z81553.jpg

what's bad about them?

:roflmao:

Ive actually decided this one is sort of awesome in its not really awesomeness.

Can anyone help me get one?I have no idea how to buy new comics lol especially something specific like this...if you've a line on one and it is not a ridiculous price,please,pm me.

Jimmers

I didn't buy any of these but I would have if they had been normally priced comics. I had Captain America and Spider-man photo covers back in the early '80s ? or somewhere around there and I always liked them. They look fun and comics don't always have to be so serious. Fun is a good thing imo. :D

I didn't buy any of these but I would have if they had been normally priced comics. I had Captain America and Spider-man photo covers back in the early '80s ? or somewhere around there and I always liked them. They look fun and comics don't always have to be so serious. Fun is a good thing imo. :D

I just picked up a Marvel Team Up with a totally awesome Spidey/Cap photo cover,I'll have to check what issue..but it is so bad it is boss!

I just picked up a Marvel Team Up with a totally awesome Spidey/Cap photo cover,I'll have to check what issue..but it is so bad it is boss!

Okay,issue 128,I'm on a handheld or I'd post it.it is funky cole madina cool.

Get one now...

Could someone please post it? :shy:

Marvel must have made the decision intentionally to choose this style of photos over ones done much nicer to connect more with the average Joe cosplay individuals. If they see a pic that's very relatable I'm sure it provides a warmer feeling than ones that look like Hollywood stepped in.

I appreciate the ones that are done very well but even if that was on the cover I wouldn't be buying them.

I can see Marvel wanting to do this. But I still think that they could've put a little more effort into it. I'm sure there are many improvements they could make to take it from what they have on these covers but not go all the way to the professional ones posted in this thread. If done right, a photo can have the effects of being relateable, but also enticing along the lines of, "Whoa, is that what I look like in costume?"

I agree, though. Cosplay covers aren't for me.

Okay,issue 128,I'm on a handheld or I'd post it.it is funky cole madina cool.

Get one now...

Could someone please post it? :shy:

13b-mtu128.jpg

I wonder if they went with more generic poses in an effort to stay away from any sort of sexiness. There's the big backlash against harassment at the cons. If Marvel published something like the cheek photo, then many would consider them prolonging the gender problems the hobby has.

What's the issue of Amazing Spider-Man issue with the photo cover?

262, I believe?

It's jarring to be going through longboxes and come across it, particularly as he's wearing the original suit during the black costume era.