• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big News: Lamont Larson & family tentatively attending SD Con Forum Dinner!

51 posts in this topic

I've been trading emails today with Lamont Larson's daughter LuAnn. She and her sister have been trying to get their folks to come out to the SD Con for a few years, and they finally have tentative plans to come this July! It will be Lamont, his wife, their two daughters, and a grandaughter.

I suggested that they attend the forum dinner, and they've tentatively agreed to that as well. I think it would be nice if we could treat them as "guests of the forum dinner" and foot the bill for the family.

Deathlok is planning quite the swanky affair, somewhere in the range of $75-$100 per person. I'm more than happy to "sponsor" one of the family. I know it's a lot of money, but it would be great if others could volunteer to do the same. Please PM me if you can.

It's shaping up to be a great forum dinner!

Jeff

That's awesome, Jeff. Is there anyway to notify the organizers of the Con that he'll be there, so he can be some kind of featured guest, or maybe CBG or Gemstone should set up interviews or some such?

That's so cool. I am suprised you guys haven't had "guests of honor" before. The only time I went to the San Diego Con (last year) my cousin took me to a dinner him and his friends put on every year. Russ Heath, Sam Glanzman and Sergio Aragones were there among others...it was a great time, my best memory of the Con. The entire party was only about 25 or 30 people. I am sure you guys could get some amazing guests every year if you tried.

That's awesome, Jeff. Is there anyway to notify the organizers of the Con that he'll be there, so he can be some kind of featured guest, or maybe CBG or Gemstone should set up interviews or some such?

Tim, not a bad idea, but I don't want to assume that Mr. Larson wants to make a fuss about being there. He might just want to low-key it. Maybe those things will develop in the coming months, or maybe he'll just come hang out at the con and forum dinner.

Either way will be a blast.

I've heard from one other person that would like to sponsor the family at the forum dinner. Would be great if we could find three more folks. flowerred.gif

If I can go (and the odds would be better if we can get a panel discussion on pressing and restoration yay.gif), I would be willing to help sponsor the family.

Um,....Mark,...the Con is only four days long! A panel on Pressing & Restoration would need at least 6 months,.....if not longer. foreheadslap.gifmakepoint.gif

poke2.gif

If I can go (and the odds would be better if we can get a panel discussion on pressing and restoration yay.gif), I would be willing to help sponsor the family.

Um,....Mark,...the Con is only four days long! A panel on Pressing & Restoration would need at least 6 months,.....if not longer. foreheadslap.gifmakepoint.gif

poke2.gif

We can split them into separate panels. juggle.gif

That's so cool. I am suprised you guys haven't had "guests of honor" before. The only time I went to the San Diego Con (last year) my cousin took me to a dinner him and his friends put on every year. Russ Heath, Sam Glanzman and Sergio Aragones were there among others...it was a great time, my best memory of the Con. The entire party was only about 25 or 30 people. I am sure you guys could get some amazing guests every year if you tried.

The DC Big 5 War Collector's dinner is the COOLEST dinner at the con and is organized by one of the nicest guys in the hobby.

The DC Big 5 War Collector's dinner is the COOLEST dinner at the con and is organized by one of the nicest guys in the hobby.

Yep, thats the one. Have you been to it in past years? Maybe you know my cousin....

Thanks, Mark. I'll put you down as a maybe. 893applaud-thumb.gif

CGC will sponser the Larson family at the forum dinner, you guys can save your money for more comics.

Jeff- please let them know that we would be honored to have them join us in SD. hail.gif

Will CGC also sponsor a panel discussion on the separate topics of pressing and restoration? poke2.gif

I'll bring the popcorn. popcorn.gif

sign-offtopic.gifNope.

I would be willing to be on the panel if one gets put together.

Now, stop with the pressing agenda and get back on topic poke2.gifflowerred.gif