• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Fanfare # 1 cover

35 posts in this topic

Was that the 1st Marvel Comic produced on Baxter Paper?

That comic book was a great showcase for nice stories and adventures, also showcasing the talents of established and upcoming artists.

There's not a lot of value to the physical comic book, but the original artwork (especially for the cover) should garner great nostalgic and aesthetic interest as it was Michael Golden at the pinnacle of his artistry in many opinions.

Was that the 1st Marvel Comic produced on Baxter Paper?

That comic book was a great showcase for nice stories and adventures, also showcasing the talents of established and upcoming artists.

There's not a lot of value to the physical comic book, but the original artwork (especially for the cover) should garner great nostalgic and aesthetic interest as it was Michael Golden at the pinnacle of his artistry in many opinions.

If I recall correctly, a bunch of the stories in the earlier issues were inventory stories.

So, is this a $30k cover? $40k? Or am I completely off the mark?

That is probably a good minimum floor and a safe price to bet.

Geez, I took the average price of ASM cover from that era and multipled by 2 to account for the 'Golden art' and first issue factors and that's still low?

So, is this a $30k cover? $40k? Or am I completely off the mark?

That is probably a good minimum floor and a safe price to bet.

Geez, I took the average price of ASM cover from that era and multipled by 2 to account for the 'Golden art' and first issue factors and that's still low?

ummm.. Yes !

if the marvel fanfare # 1 is 65k, then what if # 1 at the same price point is a bargain :insane:

What If 1. Is now 85k

Anytime you mention the price or say it's name it will go up

So....hush

65k is the new 45k

More like $65K is the new $25K. The market skipped $45K entirely.

I love that portrait of Beshara bring refreshments to the masses.

Oh, and yes I tasted it...will post soon

Will people have nostalgia for this or is all Golden art driving price? I remember this well and grabbing one (because I grabbed everything back then) but then not really having a lot of interest in the title.

Some nostalgia for certain... Was actually a hot title for a while.