• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man - Whitham with a red logo?

10 posts in this topic

Need to know something about the red starbrust logo on Amazing Spider-Man #186 that I got among a lot I brought. It looks like a Whitham variant to me, but most others I've seen had a white starbrust logo.

Anyone know if Whitham had put other colors in this logo sometimes? (shrug)

image.jpg1_zps22yzw9zb.jpg

I've also got some with yellow.

Are there any other colors besides the three already mentioned?

There are a couple plaid ones out there

No, not serious

Red Whitman not rare, but still cool.

Yellow's are fun too.

Good point, I did had seen yellows time to time. Seems that whites are lot more common than yellows. Which raise the question in what are the ratio Whitham used with colors? hm

And another thought: Did Whitham print more than one variant of the same issue of same #? Yes, on the newsstand and on direct market ... But what of logo colour?

Red Whitman not rare, but still cool.

Yellow's are fun too.

Good point, I did had seen yellows time to time. Seems that whites are lot more common than yellows. Which raise the question in what are the ratio Whitham used with colors? hm

And another thought: Did Whitham print more than one variant of the same issue of same #? Yes, on the newsstand and on direct market ... But what of logo colour?

Whitman, with their multi-packs, was a major player in the direct market at the time. They had absolutely nothing to do with newsstand copies of comics that they weren't publishing themselves.

The colours on the direct market copies are the same as on the regular newsstand copies.