• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astounding Original Owner FF's in Feb 2016 Heritage Auction!!!

47 posts in this topic

wow, that 49 is one of one? All bets are off on that one. That could get silly.

I think there were a few early 9.8 FFs in the November auction that were 1 of 1, where the price didn't get absolutely insane.

I think that book is cheap enough (relatively) and popular enough to do well. People have paid crazy money for #50 in 9.8.

second batch

So, are these the second batch of many from the same person that submitted the uber HG FF's in the recent November Heritage auction? Or is this second batch coming from a completely different consignor? hm

The uber HG guy from November put his collection together in the CGC era. Definitely not OO.

Let's see now......in November we had the Ultimate FF Collection, now for February, we get the OO FF Collection.

Hhmmm...so much for some board members thinking that pretty well all of the uber HG SA collections must have been slabbed by now.

The Ultimate FF Collection was all slabbed already, wasn't it? I thought many of those books had been acquired in slabbed form.

They were. Many at public auction.

wow, that 49 is one of one? All bets are off on that one. That could get silly.

I think there were a few early 9.8 FFs in the November auction that were 1 of 1, where the price didn't get absolutely insane.

I think that book is cheap enough (relatively) and popular enough to do well. People have paid crazy money for #50 in 9.8.

Grade for grade, FF 49 goes for more than FF 48. (as well it should, since it`s a lot harder to find in UHG)

So I think this book will do very well indeed.

They're all stunning copies. With the little bit of distributor overspray on the tops of each one, they remind me of the Hollywood Hills collection, and I wonder if they might not be more examples from that gorgeous collection.

To those using this find as an example that there are still killer SA collections to be found (and slabbed), I remind you that this collection appears to be lacking in the early SA period that is so difficult to find in top shape, and doesn't merit the pedigree designation that was the subject under discussion recently. I don't think anyone has argued that all of the nice mid-sixties Marvels have come to market already.

This set of FFs is super nice, however and definitely is evidence that there are still SA surprises to be had.

It's interesting that it's not deep enough to be considered a pedigree.

Any idea if this OO collection is limited to only mid-60's FF's or does it go back further to the early keys, along with the other Marvel runs?

I guess it would also need to have the early SA DC's in the same UHG condition before it would qualify for a pedigree designation.

Yes, most probably nowhere deep enough, diffuse enough, or contained the important SA keys to qualify for pedigree status. (shrug)

They're all stunning copies. With the little bit of distributor overspray on the tops of each one, they remind me of the Hollywood Hills collection

(thumbs u

I owned the copy of Thor 126 9.4

Guesses? Off the cuff with zero research I want to say 30k+

That's 4-5x the 9.6 price, which is a pretty decent starting point. The Northland 9.8 #50 (1 of 3) sold for $44,000. Think the owner of that wants to have the trilogy in 9.8? It could be fun to watch.

I think there are probably a lot of people who would be into this book for $20,000 so it all just depends on how many people really want it.

I emailed Heritage about this OO collection.

im waiting to hear more details but

"It is indeed original-owner, I think all I can really say is that it’s from the West Coast. It has a “sweet spot” of Marvels from about 1965-67, the ones before and after, while still very nice, are not 9.6-9.8 books like the FFs you are talking about. But yes, those brief runs are really special."

I guess it would also need to have the early SA DC's in the same UHG condition before it would qualify for a pedigree designation.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but there are plenty of SA pedigrees (as designated by CGC) that don't have early SA DCs, in UHG or not. Actually, there are more than a few SA pedigrees (as designated by CGC) that don't even have early SA Marvels.

I emailed Heritage about this OO collection.

im waiting to hear more details but

"It is indeed original-owner, I think all I can really say is that it’s from the West Coast. It has a “sweet spot” of Marvels from about 1965-67, the ones before and after, while still very nice, are not 9.6-9.8 books like the FFs you are talking about. But yes, those brief runs are really special."

Dreaming of a Daredevil 7....

:wishluck:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but there are plenty of SA pedigrees (as designated by CGC) that don't have early SA DCs, in UHG or not. Actually, there are more than a few SA pedigrees (as designated by CGC) that don't even have early SA Marvels.

Wow, it's amazing how great minds think alike! (thumbs u

You took the words right out of my mouth in terms of: "(as designated by CGC)". lol