• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swamp Thing #1 splash

156 posts in this topic

everyone is claiming they can replicate. no one has yet replicated.

i guess any type shadows can be created with 'multiple light sources'. nothing is impossible with the magical multiple lights. lol

everyone is claiming they can replicate. no one has yet replicated.

i guess any type shadows can be created with 'multiple light sources'. nothing is impossible with the magical multiple lights. lol

Sorry this discussion is ridiculous. Look at the book, lightning in the sky above, probably some moon light too.You don't know what is causing all the shadows so how can you make this a black and white issue? Big reach.

The only guy here who has actually studied the way light interacts with a head and has drawn thousands of studies of every conceivable possibility doesn't know what he's talking about the guys who have done none of that who just 'think' they're right know what they're talking about.

Got it.

The only guy here who has actually studied the way light interacts with a head and has drawn thousands of studies of every conceivable possibility doesn't know what he's talking about the guys who have done none of that who just 'think' they're right know what they're talking about.

Got it.

So you know where these light sources are coming from, definitely. Sorry but you don't have all the data so make it up because you took a course?

I say the shadows are impossible.

I've thrown down the gauntlet.

Prove me wrong.

Otherwise it's just blather.

Everyone has cameras. Everyone has lights. Everyone has a head,

Prove me wrong.

Sadly, I think the OA forum has reached a new low today. Enjoy.

Make it a new high-prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong.

I don't have a swamp nearby and a few people willing to hold up flashlights from a ladder in the middle of the night. I don't see rain, lightning in the forecast either so I am sol. :tonofbricks:

Prove me wrong.

I don't have a swamp nearby and a few people willing to hold up flashlights from a ladder in the middle of the night. I don't see rain, lightning in the forecast either so I am sol. :tonofbricks:

So on what basis do you say the shadows are correct? The right analysis should be "I don't know-I dont have friends, flashlights, rain or lightning'.

The consensus here seems to be-just put shadows wherever you want. There's no need to study shadows, because any shadows you come up with could have happened with just the right lighting conditions. So just stick em wherever.

Yeah ok.

Prove me wrong.

So on what basis do you say the shadows are correct? The right analysis should be "I don't know-I dont have friends, flashlights, rain or lightning'.

I think he's saying that he doesn't have to reenact the scene, element for element, or provide visual aid at all, simply because that's the only evidence you will accept.

The consensus here seems to be-just put shadows wherever you want. There's no need to study shadows, because any shadows you come up with could have happened with just the right lighting conditions. So just stick em wherever.

Yeah ok.

I blame drugs, and wanton promiscuity amongst the youth of today.

They don't care where they stick their.....shadows.

Downfall of society and all that.