• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED!)
1 1

32 posts in this topic

Thanks, glad you liked it!

And I do encourage anyone who likes OA to check out the video, especially if they don't have time to listen to the podcast. Some incredible art, including one of only two Ditko ASM covers known to exist. And this is just a drop in the bucket of the overall collection. A rare peek at an amazing collection!

:bump:

Continues to be a great podcast. Finally listened to the mega-giant June episode. Loved every minute of it. The second half felt like listening to boardies talking while at a con. Super fun.

Kudos :thumbsup:

:bump:

Continues to be a great podcast. Finally listened to the mega-giant June episode. Loved every minute of it. The second half felt like listening to boardies talking while at a con. Super fun.

Kudos :thumbsup:

Thanks! Totally forgot I had started this thread in CG! I've been updating in the OA section, so anyone interested can check out that thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9037230&Board=48&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

This month's episode may be of particular interest to folks here, though, because my guest is the notorious Gene Park (aka delekkerste)!:

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/

If you've ever wondered what Gene sounds like...here's your chance.

This month, I stay local and talk to fellow Bay Area resident, Erik Larsen. Erik is, of course, best known as the artist/creator of the long-running series SAVAGE DRAGON, as well as being one of the founding members of Image Comics. But he's also a dedicated original comic art collector. Hear his thoughts on collecting for nostalgia vs. aesthetics, the art of Todd McFarlane and Rob Liefeld, how he acquired his Holy Grail, and much more!

Joining me as co-host for the second half is fellow Kirby obsessive (and mutual friend), Glen Gold.

And our show-and-tell video returns this month on YouTube! Check out Erik's entry and subscribe to our channel for more original comic art videos!

Please visit our website at www.felixcomicart.com for the best in modern comic art. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Thanks, and enjoy the show!

The Felix Comic Art Podcast celebrates our first birthday this month!

We've had a big year, but it's safe to say that our returning guest has had an even bigger one. We catch up again with David Mandel to find out what he's been up to, and, of course, to chat about the hobby! We cover a wide-range of topics, from looking for grail pieces, to modern superhero art, to art restoration. Dave also shares some collecting advice (#1: Do your homework!).

On top of all that, Dave does his second show-and-tell video for our YouTube channel. Yes, the show-and-tell videos are back! Check out Dave's latest entry here:

Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get updates on new videos. Coming soon: The Guillermo del Toro exhibit at LACMA!

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram to stay on top of all Felix Comic Art news and to see pics from Dave's awesome movie prop collection! Sign up for the mailing list on our site, www.felixcomicart.com, to be notified of new art (coming up: Skottie Young, Tradd Moore, and Paul Pope!). Leave a rating/review for the podcast on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!

Felix

www.felixcomicart.com

The January episode of The Felix Comic Art Podcast is up! My guest is veteran superstar inker Scott Williams! The board's very own stinkininkin! Scott's a 30+ year collector of original art. Great stories and practical tips on collecting, this is one of my favorite epsiodes yet! Find it on iTunes or here:

And here's Scott's show-and-tell video on our YouTube channel:

Really excited about 2017, thanks as always for your support!

Felix

www.felixcomicart.com

The Felix Comic Art Podcast returns for April 2017 with a double-sized episode!:

First we meet up with long-time comic art collector and dealer, Glenn Danzig. Yes, THAT Glenn Danzig. Our talk with Glenn runs the gamut, from vintage art to new art, the effect of investors on our hobby, as well as his advice for collectors on how to participate in a hobby where values have skyrocketed. Many thanks to Glenn for making a rare podcast appearance!

Thanks to Glenn as well for doing a show-and-tell video, which you can see on our YouTube channel:

Part two of this episode is a Q&A with two collectors, Jake Pickthall and Jimmy Lawrence. I answer their questions about the hobby and being a rep. Don't care? Then skip this! Enjoy it? Then let me know, especially if you want to participate next time!

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Sign up for the mailing list on our site at www.felixcomicart.com. We've got lots of great new art coming up this month, and the mailing list always gets the heads-up! Thanks, and enjoy the show!

The Felix Comic Art Podcast welcomes Robert Kirkman to the show!:

Robert loves comic art. Yes, he created THE WALKING DEAD and co-created INVINCIBLE. Yes, he's a partner at Image Comics. Yes, he runs Skybound. And so on and so forth. But what really matters to us: He loves comic art!

Especially comic art from the '90s. Check out his show-and-tell video on our YouTube channel, which features such '90s stalwarts as Todd McFarlane, Erik Larsen, Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, Whilce Portacio, and Dale Keown:

Thanks to Robert for the chat and sharing all his stories of collecting. Especially the absolutely insane one from his early days, which is guaranteed to make even the most hardcore collector feel like a responsible adult in comparison.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Check out our website at www.felixcomicart.com and sign up for the mailing list. Please leave a rating/review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!

Felix
www.felixcomicart.com