• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM 104 tough black cover

ASM 104  

45 members have voted

1. 1. ASM 104

6 posts in this topic

Calling it an 8.0 with CGCs tight reigns ATM.

Yeah, I can see a wide variance of opinion on this one in old school grading, CGC current vs old slab vs old label...

Being a black cover with such a sharp back and all edges...it's all about the spine. I called it a 9.0 when I scanned it.

I'm welcome to everyone's opinions though....

If CGC calls that an 8.0 they're smoking some quality stuff.

We all know it's hard to tell from what is on the screen vs. in hand. With expanding the image on my phone, I see some transverse spine creases (aka "ticks") staple stress more so the top one. There appears to be a crease or some sort of color loss above to "o" in Comics at the top edge. Also, and again hard to discern, but the both top corners appear to be abraded with color loss.

My grade of an 8.0 is also going on the premise that I've been reading and seeing recent subs getting hammered. An 8.5 is feasible. If they called it a 9.2, then I would have to say they had some good stuff.

If CGC calls that an 8.0 they're smoking some quality stuff.

We all know it's hard to tell from what is on the screen vs. in hand. With expanding the image on my phone, I see some transverse spine creases (aka "ticks") staple stress more so the top one. There appears to be a crease or some sort of color loss above to "o" in Comics at the top edge. Also, and again hard to discern, but the both top corners appear to be abraded with color loss.

My grade of an 8.0 is also going on the premise that I've been reading and seeing recent subs getting hammered. An 8.5 is feasible. If they called it a 9.2, then I would have to say they had some good stuff.

:lol: pass the good stuff