• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Trank is a GENIUS

10 posts in this topic

I just finished watching it on my 7 hr flight to Alaska yesterday. It was was not my first choice. I watched Ant-Man, Hitman: Agent 47, and spoke with the old lady next to me until she fell asleep trying to put off watching it before I gave in and decided to give it a shot. Needless to say my bar was already set pretty low (rock bottom low). It was free, I still had 3 hours to kill and I was on my 5th glass of red wine. -What did I have to lose, right?. It was bad pretty bad. Not "the worst movie I had ever seen" bad, but I now regard it as a modern day equivalent of the lower end campy B-movies from the 70's and 80's. IMHO, Howard the Duck was better, 2x better.

Lots of folks talked about how the first half was better than the 2nd and there was some cool brief origin moments when they are experimenting with their powers but it was always clouded by poor acting, cringe-worthy dialogue, and forced plot vehicles that leave you feeling it could have played out so much better. There are a few moments that might be considered unintentionally funny but they are too few and far between to be considered as a merit to watching. It could have been way better but wasn't. It's Fox's fault, the director's fault, and maybe even the fault of bad timing and higher than normal expectations.

I'm not saying, don't watch it, I'm just saying make sure the cost of watching isn't going to leave you feeling like you lost something.

Finally saw Chronicle. Haven't see Fantastic Four,

Do yourself a favor.....stop right there....and

shut-it-down.gif

You'll be happier.