• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Win all 47 Dark Night Variants- Howard Stern

55 posts in this topic

I haven't listened to him since he went of the normal air waves :facepalm:

I live on the west coast and they would play him live here so I'd get off work at 2am and listen live.

I do miss it :headbang:

It is quite possibly 1000x better than it ever was on terrestrial radio

The interviews are much, much better.

I wonder what they're going to do with your email addresses. Better use a throw-away email account and not use your real name.

I don't think Howard Stern needs listeners or email addresses that bad that he has to go to DC comics and come up with a scam to get email addresses. It clearly states IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE NEWSLETTER CLICK BOX. Pretty sure you'll be ok!!

Baba booey to you all

And he signed for 5 more years

You ever wonder where most of your spam comes from? How did the marketers get your email address? It's all about marketing. Lists of email addresses are valuable to marketers. You can never have enough. When you run a promotion like that, somebody has to pay for it. And they'll want something in return. Whether it's getting more advertising dollars or selling more products. Howard Stern and DC are not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.

I never said it was a scam. I just think it's a marketing ploy. I didn't notice any disclaimer stating they will not sell or share your information with anyone else. Opting to not receive his newsletter has nothing to do with that.

I'm sure DC approached Stern and not the other way around. It seems that Stern's people recognized the promotional opportunities to agree to run the promotion.

What? Did I hear correctly,47 variants! How crazy this variant thing has become. :eyeroll:
You underestimate their marketing kung fu.

"The grand prize winner will also receive sketch versions for many of the covers. In total that's 85 different versions of Issue #1..."

:facepalm:

85 copies of the same comic. I don't even know if I own 85 issues of any single comic series.

I live on the west coast and they would play him live here so I'd get off work at 2am and listen live.

You can get Sirus as a phone app now and be able to listen to Howard anytime, day or night for only $14.99 a month!

Yep. I prefer him over anyone else for an interview. And the guests there over the last year or two have been amazing...

Yep. I prefer him over anyone else for an interview. And the guests there over the last year or two have been amazing...

Couldn't believe he was able to get Madonna on. And even more so that she was really interesting (to me).

And the Conan O'Brien interview had me in stiches.

Couldn't believe he was able to get Madonna on. And even more so that she was really interesting (to me).

Yeah, the Madonna interview was classic! Very entertaining!

Joey Boots hates me so I should win.

Ham Hands hates me. Gary Garver hates me.

High Pitch Eric knows of me.

"Whoooooooooooooooose Hiiiiigh Pitch?"

Yeah, the Madonna interview was classic! Very entertaining!

Stern manages to get some compelling interviews out of his guests. I very much enjoyed the recent Seth Myers, Bill Hader, and Fred Armisen interview. His interviews with Billy Joel and Paul McCartney (soon after McCartney's split with Heather Mills) are also standouts.

I need to catch up on today's show. I wonder if they made Sal cry again this time?

What did they have him crying about? I can't stand that guy.

Howard and the rest of the staff pranked Sal the last time Howard's contract was up for renewal. They told Sal that Howard wasn't going to renew and that Sal would have to get a real job. He wasn't prepared at all for that eventuality and started crying like a baby on air. It was great! :grin:

And in case you missed it, Howard's interview with Quentin Tarantino on yesterday's show was great. Adam Sandler was on earlier this week and even though I'm not a fan, that interview was also very interesting thanks to Howard.

His interview with Dan Rather about a year ago was probably my favorite from the recent past.

I need to catch up on today's show. I wonder if they made Sal cry again this time?

Howard and the rest of the staff pranked Sal the last time Howard's contract was up for renewal. They told Sal that Howard wasn't going to renew and that Sal would have to get a real job. He wasn't prepared at all for that eventuality and started crying like a baby on air. It was great! :grin:

Ahhh...now that I would like to hear. lol

Ahhh...now that I would like to hear. lol

This dumb thread may get me to listen again, I still have Sirius but bailed as a daily listener when he got on AGT.

I've missed many of the A-list interviews he's gotten since he got a bit more PC. :(

:foryou:

And in case you missed it, Howard's interview with Quentin Tarantino on yesterday's show was great. Adam Sandler was on earlier this week and even though I'm not a fan, that interview was also very interesting thanks to Howard.

His interview with Dan Rather about a year ago was probably my favorite from the recent past.

The Don Henley interview was excellent too.