• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four Eyes returns!!! by Joe Kelly

12 posts in this topic

Writer Joe Kelly (I KILL GIANTS, BAD DOG) and artist Max Fiumara will launch a new story arc in their genre-splicing series FOUR EYES from Man of Action this January.

Previously in FOUR EYES, readers met Enrico, a young boy in an alternate 1930’s New York. The untimely passing of his father left him the man of the house, a duty he took quite seriously—seriously enough to step into his father’s shoes as a dragon hunter. But though he tried to be a killer, he ended up bringing home a baby dragon.

In FOUR EYES: HEARTS OF FIRE #1, the training begins.

“Now that we've set up the players, Max and I really get to dive into the universe and the characters,” said Kelly. “In the first story arc, we fell in love with Enrico and the gothic world he's inhabiting. In Hearts of Fire, we start to see just what effect this world of underground fighting, gangsters, and monsters has on a young boy. This is the beginning of a dark ride for Enrico, Four Eyes and Fawkes...my favorite kind.”

“The world of dragon fighting will be central, and it’s going to hit Enrico really hard,” added Fiumara. “I can't wait to see readers’ hearts broken again!”

FOUR EYES: HEARTS OF FIRE #1 (Diamond code: NOV150484) hits stores Wednesday, January 6th. Final order cutoff deadline for retailers is today—Monday, December 14th.

:banana:

James, I never read the first mini-series; I think it was published in 2008 and I hadn't returned to comic books then. I see it's been collected and reprinted recently, is it a really good read and worth picking up? Maybe I'll give it a shot.

P.S. - Don't mind the crass person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

James, I never read the first mini-series; I think it was published in 2008 and I hadn't returned to comic books then. I see it's been collected and reprinted recently, is it a really good read and worth picking up? Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Is it a really good read? :censored: yeah!

Is it worth picking up? :censored: yeah! Well I guess that depends on what you mean by worth. I think it's worth it cause of the great story. Making $ off it is highly unlikely.

Probably a good idea to try the first issue or two at most of the first mini to see if you like it. Oh my BFF Candletric is just being a silly goose!

Thanks for the post! I'll have to check out the series since IKG is one of my favorite reads.

I still haven't read IKG yet. I have the first issue somewhere. One of these days I'll get to it.

Curious what you or anyone who's read both, thinks is better I Kill Giants or Four Eyes. I know I Kill Giants was more popular.

Here's a little write up from amazon about the first mini Four Eyes Forged In Flames.

Act One of the epic saga of Enrico, a boy living in an alternate 1930s New York, where dragon fighting is the city's number one underground sport and the cause of his father's untimely death. Enrico's literal trial by fire begins here!

Is it a really good read? :censored: yeah!

Is it worth picking up? :censored: yeah! Well I guess that depends on what you mean by worth. I think it's worth it cause of the great story. Making $ off it is highly unlikely.

Probably a good idea to try the first issue or two at most of the first mini to see if you like it. Oh my BFF Candletric is just being a silly goose!

Nah, I meant is it worth picking it up to read, not to flip... you're enthusiasm has convinced me, so I'll give it a shot. I'll get the tpb or maybe if it's up on Comixology, I'll do that.

(thumbs u

Thanks for the post! I'll have to check out the series since IKG is one of my favorite reads.

I still haven't read IKG yet. I have the first issue somewhere. One of these days I'll get to it.

Curious what you or anyone who's read both, thinks is better I Kill Giants or Four Eyes. I know I Kill Giants was more popular.

IKG is an extremely moving short series. A definite must read IMO for anyone who appreciates a story that can stimulate you.