• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Emperors New Clothes

45 posts in this topic

for comics:

alan moore

todd mcfarlane

ultimate spider-man

for athletes:

mark mcgwire(i won't admit to being juiced)

emmit smith(with that OL i could be the all time leading rusher too)

kobe bryant(you're not michael)

Grant Morrison?? How could you??? And who said Frazetta?? Agree about Frank Cho, tho'.

My picks would be Neil Bloody Pretentious Gaiman (by FAR), George Perez, Mark Millar, John Byrne after X-Men 143 (so there), Jim Starlin from Dreadstar onwards, and Jim Lee. And borderline overrated would be Jim Steranko.

And whoever said Kevin Smith, take a bow. HIs work is all perspiration and no inspiration, yet he is exalted like nobody else in the industry 'cause he's pals with Matt and Ben. The line for his panel at WonderCon was unbelievable.

Yep gotta agree with Kevin Smith. I like Cho though - why all the hate for the dude?

Others:

Bendis

Jim Lee

late Byrne (early stuff rocked)

Oh, and Supa, you are dead on with Emmit Smith. Didn't help his image should have retired 2-3 years ago instead of padding his stats. Walter P. did it with class, man.

Any comic graded 10.1... confused-smiley-013.gif

emmit smith(with that OL i could be the all time leading rusher too)

Hater! Emitt Smith rushed for nearly 4,000 yards in 3 years in college on a mediocre, probation-limited UF team that featured a pass-oriented offense, came back and earned his degree after joining the NFL, and won 3 Super Bowl rings. He was never flashy, he was simply the most solid and consistent running back in NFL history along with being one of the best to ever to play the college game. sumo.gif