• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SUPERMAN # 214: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE???!!!

26 posts in this topic

Ok I love Jim Lee, his art is why I paid $ 2.50 for the book, but just what is it all about??? There had better be a BIG

pay-off come # 215, or I will feel like do now, good art, but a story that leaves me going.......... confused.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Yeah, I've bought all 11 issues of this story so far. Great art, but I have no clue what's going on. I don't even really read it, I just look at the pictures insane.gif

I'm dropping Superman after 215, to wait for All Star Superman 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, I've bought all 11 issues of this story so far. Great art, but I have no clue what's going on. I don't even really read it, I just look at the pictures insane.gif

I'm dropping Superman after 215, to wait for All Star Superman 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yes, that must be it, Lee gets to warn-up to Superman, draw great stuff for 'Big Blue', then...... BAMM!!!!

off to draw Bat-Man. It's all so clear now........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif............Thanks............... thumbsup2.gif

If you think Superman is hard to follow, you should not even attempt to follow Action Comics.

I think I may have to reread the whole thing. confused.gif

Thankfully, I am NOT. The only other 'Superman' book I read is Superman/Batman. But I will be picking up

All-Star Superman, as well as All-Star Batman & Robin.

If you think Superman is hard to follow, you should not even attempt to follow Action Comics.

I think I may have to reread the whole thing. confused.gif

Oh god it really is wretched. I gave up on Action long ago. Such a shame, really. frown.gif

I was reading action, up until #824. I liked the beginning of the Gog story, when Austen first came on, but then it started going in 13 different directions during the STAR Labs bit. Very confusing.

It didn't get any clearer as the end drew near. For some reason Doomsday showed up and started helping Superman. confused.gif

it's brutal.....and yes the art is good but the art in HUSH was better.

That's because the story made a bit more sense. If you can enjoy what you read, it makes the art that much better.

OK, talked to my LCS owner, and it IS a little clearer to me now. Seems it is all about

S

P

O

L

I

E

R

ONE MAN ARMY CORE 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Just have to see # 215 to see how it will all work out.

How did this month's issue end? I know there was supposed to be a big build up to the return of Doomsday... did nothing really happen?

Basically Gog kept going back in time to figure out a way to destroy Superman for his parents being killed. Gog tried a lot of different things/means to accomplish this. Finally he figured out that he would have to clone himself and use this army to destroy Superman. For some reason Doomsday shows up and helps fight Gog's army so that he has the privilege of killing Superman himself.

So then Gog finally defeats Superman after holding his family hostage. He takes Supes to his world and hold him captive. He then offers him a choice that if he saves his family that Gog will let the world go. Supes refuses, blah, blah. Finally Gog realizes that he was wrong and sends Supes back in time to before all this happened. For some reason Doomsday wears the "S" and is with Gog. confused.gif

So basically the whole story doesn't exist in regular time. frustrated.gif

Azarello can not write superhero comics. I also did not like him after meeting him about one year ago. He's not cool at all. This arc is horrendous and seems to go on forever. It's quite a bit hellish actually. Tortuously bad writing. I also agree with the sentiment that the art was much better in Hush.

I finally picked up #214 today a couple of weeks late.

Not the greatest story ever, but not sure what the big deal is with all the moaning on here. Sure there are some loose ends to wrap next issue (or maybe carry over to the upcoming Crisis miniseries like Omac Project.) But the central mystery of the Vanishing is now pretty clear, yes?

A question though: I've not really been paying attention to the post-Crisis Superman continuity. Is this the first appearance of Zod and the Phantom Zone in the new, regular continuity?