• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash Comics 86 Club

39 posts in this topic

I know that there are some dedicated Flash Comics threads (though they haven't been taken up in a while). Regardless, I feel as though Flash Comics 86 is an under-appreciated (and hard to find) key. After some petty dabbling with BA and SA books for a year or so, I decided to go after this comic about a year ago and was able to pick up a low grade copy for a reasonable price. Since then, my wife and I have been on a huge GA kick. Black Canary has become one of our favourite characters and although many of you may not feel that this particular comic is worthy of a "club" thread, it does not come up for sale often and I have spoken with other boardies who have not been able to procure one.

So, if you are part of the club, let's see your copy. Here's mine:

159538.jpg.1d20774a92669aa4eb76258430392d3b.jpg

I love my Batman and Superman's was never really into flash maybe # 1.

I just looked it up on the bay and this was for sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Comics-1940-DC-86-CGC-3-0-QUALIFIED-1260894002-/131667328089?hash=item1ea7fbfc59:g:YHcAAOSwnipWYE5v#ht_3172wt_1161

He does have great books but he is kind of the Mile High of this time on prices (IMO) tell me the price is way off. I do think its a great cover love it. :censored:

IMO that would be a fair price if it did not have a married CF. It's been online for a few months and if it was a blue (or even purple) label it would have been snatched up by now.

Adam had a copy for sale in his thread. Hope the new owner comes forward. :applause:

I'm the guilty party lol Adam is being very kind to me in re: to a time pay, so as soon as I get the book paid I'll be very happy to post it here! In the meantime here is my "placeholder" copy!

0704151719291_zpsmv8ae2ht.jpg

IMO that would be a fair price if it did not have a married CF. It's been online for a few months and if it was a blue (or even purple) label it would have been snatched up by now.

Been there forever, maybe a year or more.

I am pretty sure a raw copy VG ish copy recently sold on ebay for 500-600 (was a buy it now).

Adam had a copy for sale in his thread. Hope the new owner comes forward. :applause:

I'm the guilty party lol Adam is being very kind to me in re: to a time pay, so as soon as I get the book paid I'll be very happy to post it here! In the meantime here is my "placeholder" copy!

Terrific upgrade. Congrats !

I love my Batman and Superman's was never really into flash maybe # 1.

I just looked it up on the bay and this was for sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Comics-1940-DC-86-CGC-3-0-QUALIFIED-1260894002-/131667328089?hash=item1ea7fbfc59:g:YHcAAOSwnipWYE5v#ht_3172wt_1161

He does have great books but he is kind of the Mile High of this time on prices (IMO) tell me the price is way off. I do think its a great cover love it. :censored:

Sold in 2014 for $1374. I understand this is a tough book, but is it a tough book because there aren't many out there or is it a tough book because there is not a lot of demand hence not a lot of people selling ala More Fun 73. Once it got expensive copies started showing up.

A cool book and I have a single random page from it.... (shrug) so I guess I am in the club

James G

Terrific upgrade. Congrats !

Peter any word on the CGC grade on that great looking Tec?

I know that there are some dedicated Flash Comics threads (though they haven't been taken up in a while). Regardless, I feel as though Flash Comics 86 is an under-appreciated (and hard to find) key. After some petty dabbling with BA and SA books for a year or so, I decided to go after this comic about a year ago and was able to pick up a low grade copy for a reasonable price. Since then, my wife and I have been on a huge GA kick. Black Canary has become one of our favourite characters and although many of you may not feel that this particular comic is worthy of a "club" thread, it does not come up for sale often and I have spoken with other boardies who have not been able to procure one.

So, if you are part of the club, let's see your copy. Here's mine:

Completely worthy and an awesome book! Wish I had one. :sorry:

I didn't realize it had been there that long. I only noticed it in the summer. Do you have a link to the BIN that you mention?

I remember seeing one sell for around $100 BIN a while back too (if memory serves me right). I can't seem to find a link for that one either.