• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your favorite Mark Waid books from any time?

17 posts in this topic

Daredevil was fantastic. Especially #7 from his first run.

I have read a good handful of his books but not a lot so I'm looking for ideas on what to read next.

I remember enjoying a lot of his Flash books around the time they came out but now they don't hold up for me.

Hunter Killer was pretty good.

What did you like?

I really enjoy Mark's Captain America run with Ron Garney. The ones before Heroes Reborn took over were just tremendous, much better than the issues when they came back.

I also liked his take on Ka-Zar with awesome Andy Kubert artwork. That may have been more Kubert for me, but Waid did write it.

But read the Captain America run, awesome entertainment!

I really enjoy Mark's Captain America run with Ron Garney. The ones before Heroes Reborn took over were just tremendous, much better than the issues when they came back.

I also liked his take on Ka-Zar with awesome Andy Kubert artwork. That may have been more Kubert for me, but Waid did write it.

Agree completely. That first Cap run was incredible & was really gaining momentum when the whole Heroes Reborn crashed & burned it. Was really excited when the got the team (Waid/Garney) back together after that mess, but it just wasn't the same.

The Waid run on Kazar was also my favorite run of that character also.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I was heartbroken to hear that Waid and Garney weren't going to be on Cap, and irate that Liefeld was taking over. It was ok when they came back on, but the magic just wasn't there like it was with those late run issues.