• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would anyone else get their Treasury sized books graded if CGC graded them?

32 posts in this topic

I have about 40 in my collection I would want graded. Is the demand to get them graded way too low to warrant CGC grading them as Magazines? Can't be the size because they grade concert posters. Very curious about this.

I have about 40 in my collection I would want graded. Is the demand to get them graded way too low to warrant CGC grading them as Magazines? Can't be the size because they grade concert posters. Very curious about this.

I believe the concert posters are a soft case, are they not?

I have several hundred treasuries, and storage is always an issue... I would love to get some of them slabbed.

I like reading them too but there are a couple that I would seek out for slabbing reasons if it was available. By the way, I just found out that my iPad vigorously changes "slabbing" to "stabbing" so be careful if you decide to use that word on an iPad. Could REALLY change the tone of a post! lol

The additional size makes them heavy to carry at shows and much more expensive to ship. People have been asking for CGC to slab them but up until now they won't.

I have a few hundred but would not grade them.

It would be even a bigger PITA to store them.

The additional size makes them heavy to carry at shows and much more expensive to ship. People have been asking for CGC to slab them but up until now they won't.

Given these reasons it's tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY to even contemplate slabbing treasuries.

For collectors/dealers with large collections, it would most definitely be a PITA to store them. And yes, shipping them to buyers would be expensive. But for me, these are the only 3 that I own and I don't care to have any more as I am not a Treasury seeker. I only purchased these 3 from my LCS (dvillebookstore, here on the boards) because they are cherry and I would slab them in a heartbeat.

These books are solid but the pics do them no justice at all....

MTE_01.jpg

MTE_02.jpg

MTE_03.jpg

A slabbed Treasury would be roughly this size... Charlotte-Window-Contractors-Charlotte-Window-Replacement-Contractors.jpg

How could you really ship something this big?

Not to mention, can you imagine how fragile the case would be?

Not to mention, can you imagine how fragile the case would be?

Another good point. If they thickened up the cases to add stability it would just add more weight and make storage and transportation an even bigger hassle.

I get why people want them to slab treasuries. I have a few really nice ones as well.

My speculation is that CGC doesn't think the juice would be worth the squeeze, financially. Think of how few treasuries are out there compared to regular sized comics.

I have some nice ones and don't even know where to store them. Does Hot Flips make a top loader that holds this size?

yes- I purchased a batch of them last year from them. Im local so I picked up.