• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling All Wannabe Comic Book Editors!

74 posts in this topic

Kinda late weighing in on this, but I'm with the majority that prefers the green, as it pops more than the orange. Still better, I liked the suggestion of blue, and having more differentiation between the floor and the walls, so I threw this together quickly:

ki2j4C6.jpg

Nice, blue is another receding color. I like that the best.

I'm not fond of the trail over the middle person's leg, the runner on the right, should be running on the right, not through the middle and the right, or am I missing something?

@skypinkblue & @kav - the woman on the right is the hero Startup. She's just punched the woman on the left (called Press) while evading a downward punch from the woman in the middle (Madame Macro).

@geeksaremypeeps - Very nice work on the blue! Cool to see such a different version (a CGC forum exclusive!) I really like the contrast you found with that color!

@comicwiz and @thatrondude & all other orange lovers. Here's your one and only look at the orange version with all the logos and trade dress and everything which appears in the back of Startup #1.1 to promote the forthcoming release of Startup #1.2! From here on out, you'll only see the green version and you can thank (or blame!) this forum for that.

StartUp_01_DIGITAL-27_zpsvxy3fpue.jpg

And what kind of comic book publisher would I be if I didn't provide links to Startup #1.1 at ComiXology or now on Drivethru Comics where you can find an exclusive five page preview that reveals the story's major plot point and more beautiful Craig Rousseau artwork!

Congrats on the endeavor.

Honestly, I think you could do better than either choice. These are background colors, yet both are highly distracting from the main action and characters. The human visual and neurological systems are hard wired to be attuned to orange and bright green, so you are essentially drawing the focus away from where it should be. That said, I'm not sure what would be better.

Just read further on. Blue is much better.

Kinda late weighing in on this, but I'm with the majority that prefers the green, as it pops more than the orange. Still better, I liked the suggestion of blue, and having more differentiation between the floor and the walls, so I threw this together quickly:

ki2j4C6.jpg

I'm not fond of the trail over the middle person's leg, the runner on the right, should be running on the right, not through the middle and the right, or am I missing something?

She's running between them. The runner punches the shorter person on the left (her right) while also avoiding the punch from the tall lady on her left (our right)

ki2j4C6.jpg

She's running between them. The runner punches the shorter person on the left (her right) while also avoiding the punch from the tall lady on her left (our right)

He told me that already;) but thanks...I guess I'm the only one who didn't get that part;)

Sorry, I was just getting caught up and directly replied to your post which happened to be at the top of the page for my page count. :)

I think what would help with that scene would be to use a very slight, white trail from the fist of the runner, leading back to the impact next to the person's face.

It would help clear up what is going on through that scene.

I want to know what the big lady is punching-its not the floor-she seems to have punched and shattered a brick that was hovering in the air. No offense to Sal Buscema but this scene makes no sense.

I want to know what the big lady is punching-its not the floor-she seems to have punched and shattered a brick that was hovering in the air. No offense to Sal Buscema but this scene makes no sense.

Agreed. The hero, apparently running at super-speed, seems to have punched Press (the figure on the left), who is faced in the direction of the running, on the front of the body. Has anyone ever punched someone in a backwards direction and had it have any impact?

Thanks to the help of everyone who weighed in on this thread, the green version of Sal Buscema's cover for my new indie comic is now available on comiXology!

Here's the final version:

StartUp_1.2199_zpsv3ecpssa.jpg

And you can read more about the comic by clicking HERE!

Hope you'll check it out soon! A print version will be out in June. Thanks again for your help, everyone!