• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Inhumans

4 posts in this topic

Now I know this group most likely never reached the heights Lee and Kirby most likely envisioned, but I think the main problem has always been plot/story line. It just seems that with the Kree tie in, and Tergerrian Mist(?), plus the different types of "Inhumans" that could evolve, it just has plain lacked a really committed and focused effort. The best by far to me was the MK by Jae Lee and crew. This franchise in my opinion has never been given the brain trust it needs to take it's proper place in the MU and Comicdom as a whole-Thouhgts?

The Inhumans being a race and not a dedicated team has always been a strike against them. Creators have never been able to balance the two successfully. Some of the best Inhuman stories have been when the core Royal family was the focus away from Attilan. And there are only so many fresh stories you pull out of the Mad Maximus situation.

The Inhumans will, sadly, always work best as guest appearances or minis. There's not enough there now to sustain it's own title unless someone wants to seriously shake-up the status quo. Personally, I wish someone would as I really like the characters and would love for them to have their own series granted there's something there to sustain one...

Jim

Well said Jim, and solid -valid points, as I guess the scope may have gotten to large when the "entire race" has to be taken into account. Still, I like you have always loved the concept- A basic Kree experiment that evolves into a seperate/segregated race of beings. A ton of depth here still though-who knows?

I'm a big Inhumans fan,but have never really enjoyed their series. The original run inAmazing Adventures was okay,but their bronze age series did nothing for me. They just seemto work better as a plot device/guest-stars than when featured. I haven't read the Lee stuff. Will look for it in two weeks when my Lentan comic fast is over.

Black Bolt vs Thor in Amazing Adventures#8(?)

is one of the best hero-hero slugfests of that era but is often overlooked.Great cover,as well.