• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "REAL" Star Wars

56 posts in this topic

NOT THE REAL STAR WARS. :roflmao:

Looked and felt REAL to me.

Well, that can be easily explained if you had seen Episode IV before. :whistle:

No matter the 'feel' of the movie, my opinion of it has been substantially lowered now that I am two weeks removed. I still say that Episodes I and II performed like vacuums (they sucked) but at least they were 'new'. He knew where he had to end up (Luke on Tattooine, Anakin as Vader, all the Jedi dead, etc...) but decided to try something new in order to get there.

If you liked Episodes IV then there isn't much NOT to like since it's essentially the same movie.

Hopefully VIII will deliver a new and exciting story we all will love and appreciate.

Same thing was said by fans after Episodes I and II. lol

The big difference being episode 1 was trash. Episode 7 while not original was ebjoyable.

I enjoyed I and II. Wasn't trash to me. Thats the thing I don't like about TFA. It completely ignores the prequels. If you're gonna do a SW flick, embrace all the film's mythology, warts and all. Build upon or better it. Don't copy whats been done. Oh, I'm sorry, reboot.

Not if Snoke is someone from the prequels.

Thats the thing I don't like about TFA. It completely ignores the prequels.

TFA had multiple references to the prequels--references to the Clonetroopers, Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan had a speaking bit in Rey's flashback, and the Old Republic from the prequels resurfaced as the New Republic following the fall of Sidious's Empire.

If they wanted to do a remake...which they did...they should have called it a remake, and not "Episode VII"

Episodes are...well...episodic, meaning they tell the next chapter of the story.

This was as if Tolkien had written Return of the King, and had Frodo lose the ring for Gollum to find it, and then crawl back into the mountain, while Sauron without the ring is somehow beaten at the Gladden Fields, with Aragorn and Elrond being killed in the process.

Beautiful movie, well shot, well acted, gorgeous scenery, excellent cinematography, lots of nifty battle and explody scenes...

...and virtually nothing in the way of making us care about any of these characters.

As a popcorn movie pastime? Stellar. A+

As the heir to what can arguably be called the best science fiction story of all time?

Colossal, gargantuan fail.

Especially considering that it had the prequels hanging around its neck like an albatross.

As the heir to what can arguably be called the best science fiction story of all time?

Especially considering that it had the prequels hanging around its neck like an albatross.

I personally agree with this.

But I still like Episode III - I actually rank that one pretty high.

Except for the NO scene...

I personally agree with this.

But I still like Episode III - I actually rank that one pretty high.

Except for the NO scene...

III is pretty awesome.

I thought the new movie was a lot of fun, and there are a couple of scenes that stand with the best this series has to offer. I just hope the villains are stronger in VIII, because Vader and Palpatine they're not.

I just hope the villains are stronger in VIII, because Vader and Palpatine they're not.

If Snoke is actually who everyone is guessing

Darth Plagueis the Wise

then I don't think that will be a problem.

Plus... there was no Emperor in Episode IV. He was mentioned, but not seen.

We've already seen Snoke, seen him put fear in First Order leadership, seen him angry.

Much more than we got of the Emperor in part 1 of the original trilogy.

I just hope the villains are stronger in VIII, because Vader and Palpatine they're not.

If Snoke is actually who everyone is guessing

Darth Plagueis the Wise

then I don't think that will be a problem.

Plus... there was no Emperor in Episode IV. He was mentioned, but not seen.

We've already seen Snoke, seen him put fear in First Order leadership, seen him angry.

Much more than we got of the Emperor in part 1 of the original trilogy.

and if Snoke is who we think he is then he was previously talked about in the prequels as well, so the foundation is there just as much (if not more) than the emperor in IV.