• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you protect your CGC graded comics?

26 posts in this topic

I use typical boxes for my less "precious" books, but most of my CGC graded books are treated to archival Century boxes.

IMG_3132_zpsyclsqksv.jpg

IMG_3131_zps305ipbpg.jpg

You just wanted to show off your Frazetta cover. (worship)

Well, maybe a little :blush:

BTW each box holds about 8 slabs. Magazine slabs are too big for these.

What size are those boxes? There seem to be multiple dimensions available.

I measured the ones I have - 15" x 19" x 2 1/2" deep is the outer dimension, inside the box is approximately 14 12" x 18 1/2" x 2" deep.

I also have smaller one that fits 2 rows of raw comics like the ones for slabs - they are 13" x 17" x 2 1/2" deep.

What size are those boxes? There seem to be multiple dimensions available.

I measured the ones I have - 15" x 19" x 2 1/2" deep is the outer dimension, inside the box is approximately 14 12" x 18 1/2" x 2" deep.

I also have smaller one that fits 2 rows of raw comics like the ones for slabs - they are 13" x 17" x 2 1/2" deep.

Thanks.

Something like this for the better books - not some small light box that a burglar would be able to remove and carry, of course

aver_s3_open_1.jpg

And all books in Gerber Mylar (ok, not the magazines, but I found a similar solution), and in nearly constant temp and humidity (64 - 71 F min - max during the year, average about 68 F, about 40 - 50 % humidity)

Just think, if Reverend Tuttle in True Detective had used a proper safe, those tapes would not have been stolen, right :devil::facepalm:

PS. Once I did start a longer thread about optimal comic book preservation - there are some good posts in the thread, maybe you'll find some inspiration:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7020029#Post7020029