• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok have at my Avenger King-Size #1

73 posts in this topic

Nice book David - the 2 creases are actually production, however the accumulation of dirt around them has accentuated their appearance. I did not post the copy because I though it was HG, I posted it because I thought it displayed some interesting characteristics - nice gloss, refelectivity, inks and pages, good structure, but a massive accumulation of surface wear around the edges and dirt / soiling, but no staining.

Often find it more interesting to talk about Mid - Lower grade stuff because there are more defects to asess.

Nice book David - the 2 creases are actually production, however the accumulation of dirt around them has accentuated their appearance. I did not post the copy because I though it was HG, I posted it because I thought it displayed some interesting characteristics - nice gloss, refelectivity, inks and pages, good structure, but a massive accumulation of surface wear around the edges and dirt / soiling, but no staining.

Often find it more interesting to talk about Mid - Lower grade stuff because there are more defects to asess.

For the purpose of discussion, why do you think those crinkly-shaped creases are production-related? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No disrespect intended, but it looks like the book was bent to me . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Production creases in my mind are caused when there is an excess of paper, a wrinkle / fold over itself. They are almost always linear, and not zig-zag. Please enlighten me. flowerred.gif

i'd have to concur with divadTheBoobGrabbingAvatarrabnud here. the book looks like it took a nice bend about its horizontal center axis. i've got books with similar ragged lines and that's almost always the case.

i've also, and i acknowledge this might be a lack of exposure on my part, not seen any PCs leading from the bound edge. typically, aren't they on the leading edge, top or bottom?

oh, and i have two copies of this book, which is a first for me on this forum. yay for me. normally, people are posting gem mint SA books which is not me at all.

and, i'd say this book was a 5.0, btw

i'd have to concur with divadTheBoobGrabbingAvatarrabnud here. the book looks like it took a nice bend about its horizontal center axis. i've got books with similar ragged lines and that's almost always the case.

i've also, and i acknowledge this might be a lack of exposure on my part, not seen any PCs leading from the bound edge. typically, aren't they on the leading edge, top or bottom?

Sal,

PC's can be found on the spine edge as well, although they are not as common. They are generally found on the three other edges -- machine paper handling problems translate more often to loose page areas vs. bound page areas.

- divadTheBoobGrabbingAvatarrabnud insane.gif

i'll go with my first impression and stick to a 5.0....................

I absolutely agree with that assessment - it was just an interesting book for me to grade when I first looked at it, solid structre and awesome PQ, but with an large accumulation of various types of surface wear.

Jbud tied me down and made me take a look at this book over the weekend 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Consider this a full retarction of my hastily assigned 4.0 grade, and a full-fledged vote for a 5.0 possibly a 5.5 flowerred.gif

angel.gifdevil.gif

Jbud tied me down and made me take a look at this book over the weekend 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Consider this a full retarction of my hastily assigned 4.0 grade, and a full-fledged vote for a 5.0 possibly a 5.5 flowerred.gif

angel.gifdevil.gif

acclaim.gif your copy is still better, er uh, well until you open it up to the first page devil.gif

Now I just gotta get Supa to stop hating.

angel.gifdevil.gif

acclaim.gif your copy is still better, er uh, well until you open it up to the first page devil.gif

I still think you used that book to wash your car with....500 times

sumo.gif

angel.gifdevil.gif

I still think you used that book to wash your car with....500 times

sumo.gif

Actually the grade has descended as I handed it out as a crying towel to the fans of a certain Mid-West BBall team stooges.gif Actually I was cheering for them too.