• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Ultimate Spider-Man #1 worth picking up?

9 posts in this topic

Like the title says, will this comic maintain some value or even increase in value over time or has the time past for that as Marvel has been messing with the Ultimate Universe?

I always wanted to pick a copy of #1 up but don't want to grab something that won't hold its value at all or increase in value in the long term. I am not looking to flip it, but IF times get tough, I'd like to know it can be sold for at least what I paid for it.

In the long run, you'd probably be better off targeting the first Miles Morales, if you're looking to pick up something Ultimate. I haven't caught up on all of the Secret Wars stuff, but the Ultimate universe is gone as an ongoing thing, right? That pretty much kills any speculation outside of characters that were introduced there that might pop up in the mainstream universe.

The comic and that series is awesome, I highly recommend it (I owe complete sets of trades of multiple titles in the Ultimate universe). :headbang:

However, this is not a book I would buy expecting to increase in value to any meaningful extent.

There are dozens (if not hundreds) of other books that would be a better spend of your money - depending on what your threshold is.

However, if you love the book - buy it and keep it because you love it. If you want to own a book with a character you like but have a budget - provide more details on how much you can spend and what you are looking for and people can help point you in the right direction.

(thumbs u