• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affiliates CGC online submissions no longer accepted - form gone

17 posts in this topic

Anyone know of a "dealer" in the So Cal Orange County area that's good for submitting books?

I was going to use the online form for an affiliate comic dealer, but that is no longer possible.

Thanks for any help, regards.

"I'm sorry this feature no longer works. as of the new year you have to be a paid member to submit to us or go through a dealer near you."

Thanks, saw that page earlier.. but over half of those locations are closed. - The biggest issues are trust and dependability (for me). I was curious if anyone here actually takes their books to a brick and mortar Orange County location.

Seems most people have a paid account.. or used the now-dead Affiliates CGC Form to submit books. Curious how many actually use a drop-off dealer?

Thanks again though, best regards.

Geoff

i've never tried - but have considered it

Are the dealer prices are higher than usual CGC rates?

Some places are much higher (especially up north with us) other places have the CGC prices and the dealer makes a few points due to their dealer discount. It varies greatly.

I sub for a number of guys locally and try and keep pricing down as much as possible but also taking into account packing time, materials, shipping fees each way, insurance etc.

Why would you not just join and submit them yourself? The membership fee is given back to you in the form of a credit.

Small volume guys may not be worth it and be easier to sub through a dealer.

I have a few guys that sub less than 5 books a year, each with different requirements (econ/value/standard/prescreen) not only would prescreen not be possible without going through me but also the $5 invoice + return shipping would be huge.

Thanks, saw that page earlier.. but over half of those locations are closed. - The biggest issues are trust and dependability (for me). I was curious if anyone here actually takes their books to a brick and mortar Orange County location.

Seems most people have a paid account.. or used the now-dead Affiliates CGC Form to submit books. Curious how many actually use a drop-off dealer?

Thanks again though, best regards.

Geoff

I don't see how trust and reliability should be an issue when using one of the online partners to submit. Their website only provides the submission forms. You fill out the form yourself. You package the comics yourself. You ship the comics along with the submission forms directly to CGC. Then CGC returns the books directly to you. You get 10% off the cost of grading - and the internet partner makes 10%. That 10% off is the same discount you get if you join the collector society at the associate or premium level. Submitting through the internet partner didn't cost you anything.

Trusting the partner doesn't seem to be an aspect of any of the above. They never touch your books.

If trust is important, I'll vouch for Superworld Comics. I've known Ted VanLiew for decades.

i've never tried - but have considered it

Are the dealer prices are higher than usual CGC rates?

Some places are much higher (especially up north with us) other places have the CGC prices and the dealer makes a few points due to their dealer discount. It varies greatly.

I sub for a number of guys locally and try and keep pricing down as much as possible but also taking into account packing time, materials, shipping fees each way, insurance etc.

thanks for the info IceMan.

For me it depends on the year. Some years I sub more than others. You're right though - during a year where I sub less, it would have been easier to just go through a dealer.

The partners online forms no longer work. (see 1st primary post above). Books must now go to a dealer, in person.. them handling books, for submitting.

Regards, Geoff

That is NOT true. I Just did an online submission through superworld. Like two minutes ago. I even printed the submission form. 276948 I did one modern and the grading cost is 16.20. Or 10% off.

If you can no longer submit via internet partners, why do all of them I checked on still have the links on their websites? PGC Mint, Superworld, George Pantella, M&M Comic Service all have prominent - and working - CGC links to the online submission page.

Here is a link to the CGC page with the hyperlinks to the internet partners

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/Submitting.aspx

Here is a link to Superworldcomics.com CGC start page.

http://www.cgccomics.com/index_cobrand.asp?GradingCompany=CGC&affiliate=SW

The OP must have tried to submit through a partner that is no longer participating - or when the online submission was down.

Just submit this way and save 10%

This is very helpful, thanks.

I was going thru Mile High..

http://www.cgccomics.com/index_cobrand.asp?GradingCompany=CGC&affiliate=mh

Once there, the button to the form (on bottom of the page) took me back to the CGC home page only. I emailed CGC and their reply is quoted below.

I'm sorry this feature no longer works. as of the new year you have to be a paid member to submit to us or go through a dealer near you.

Not sure why their system/process (and some forms) are so wonky. Thanks again though, regards.

Geoff

I think both things said here are true. I received this morning an email confirmation of my submission. But I've been informed by a knowledgeable source that the partner program is ending this month. I need to call CGC and cancel the submission I did through Superworld, I'm going to ask

Would like to know the story behind this. The internet partner program would seem to be a win/win deal. Those submitting benefit, the partner benefits and CGC gets more submissions...

If anyone wants to take advantage of submitting this way, best make haste

As its been said, getting your own CGC membership makes so much sense. The coupon voucher to grade some free books dwarfs the cost of the membership. I wish I could by several memberships, but they wont allow it. That says it right there that its a losing proposition for CGC. So accumulate books and send them off yourself and get 10% savings.

Now myself, I do have a membership, but on large submissions like the one I just sent in (177 Silver age books) I create the invoices myself online and have the bill go to Clink and then I ship them myself directly to CGC. Clink gets me a 20% discount and Clink puts up the money for the CGC fees. The books end up shipping directly to Clink for auction. (thats where they'd end up anyway, that saves on the shipping to me and THEN to clink) This current order is going "Value Tier" or $25 less 20% = $20 per slab x 177 books. Not only do I save $442.50 in grading fees, I dont have to put out any of my capital :cool:. The books will likely be graded and end up at Clink in April and most books will end up in the June Focused auction. I will get a check in July after the CGC fees are then deducted. :acclaim:

If you want sell your comic books that have not yet been certified by a third-party grading company on ComicLink, we will submit them to CGC for you at a discounted rate! Experienced market and grading experts at ComicLink will also "prescreen" your books for grading submission, saving you money, and we outlay the certification costs for our submitters as an advance against sales. To see if you qualify for this option, the next step is to send us information about your collection. To do so, simply email your inventory list to buysell@comiclink.com. You may also find out more about this service by phoning us at 617-517-0062.

DISCOUNTED RATES:

FOR CGC GRADING: 20% off CGC's advertised rate!

Ask for Jason Crosby. He can answer your questions. Extention 106

Guessing that's a special deal you have with CLink or can anyone charge them for his/her own grading fees? -- assuming they all end up in CLink's auction.
There has been a time or two that I have included a book here and there that was for my own collection that I sent along with the submission and I did make it clear that the book(s) were not to be auctioned and should be returned to me. Doing this up front in prior conversation is the key. So its possible. They are great to work with, however they are running a business at the same time. I have had nothing but success over the years working with Clink. I still send a book(s) to CC, MCS, eBay, and even Heritage depending on timing or the book(s) themselves, but Clink is my go to Auction House.