• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any character you wish never existed?

90 posts in this topic

gossip.gif Don't forget about Mindworm, Grizzly, the JACKAL (HA!), Hammerhead, Stegron, etc etc etc. That run of Spidey unquestionably had the worst villians (and plots) of any run in history. Well, next to the Torch's villains in the first 20 issues of Strange Tales...The Destroyer. The Wizard. The 4th Dimension. Paste Pot Pete. The Acrobat. The Painter. The Sorcerer. Pandora's Box. A guy in asbestos armor. The Eel. The Rabblerouser! Hooha, I think there may be a real competition here!

As lame as those are, I still think that Luke Cage's rogues gallery is the worst and lamest in the history of comicdom. Pirhana Jones, Big Ben, Discus, Stiletto, Doombringer, Man Mountain Marko, Montenegro, Black Mariah, Mr. Death, Lion Fang, Steeplejack, Goldbug, Mace, Bushmaster, and last but not least...Mr. Fish! All you jive turkeys better recognize who the worst is! smile.gif

I coulda done without the Bat-Mite Character..or that Mxyzptlk fella either.

But since Worlds Finest #123 is among one of the few comics I still have from when I was a kid, and cherish.

That would be blasphemous of me.

But man... that fat, Bat-Mite really was annoying.

I also think Crazyquilt was among the worst DC ever came up with.

And Tatterdemalion for Marvel.. that scruffy ragamuffin.

Ze-

Yeah, but Man Mountain Marko goes back a way as he was a thug in the long-running tablet and fountain of youth storyline in Amazing Spider-Man, the one with Silvermane and everyone else running around to get that ancient tablet. Classic. Not Man Mountain Marko, but the story.

Get in a good flame war.. your post count will soar.. oh.. and use greamlins alot.

Here.. I will help.

The OS guide is only good to line my bird cage, and Arnold is a name for a Pig.

poke2.gif

Ze-

That's why I'm very glad I didn't grow up when Green Acres was running. On the other hand, I *did* grow up when Welcome Back Kotter was on, and of course Horshack was a curly-headed guy named Arnold and he was an annoying git. So it's a matter of degree I suppose, sigh.

Get in a good flame war.. your post count will soar.. oh.. and use greamlins alot.

Here.. I will help.

poke2.gif

Ze-

blush.gif

- see thats how its done, flame and graem, rinse repeat. Otherwise known as the Deathlock and Greggy, MK and Greggy, BOC and Greggy show.

By the way, that last post was brought to you by The Campaign to Get Arnold Up to 1,000 Posts .:D

If you spent less time publishing that obsolete price guide and more time online 1000 posts would not be an issue

speaking of characters created just for breasts... there was a certain spidey villainess that entered the scene in one of the more modern issues of ASM.... it was one of the issues after #400 once the title went into a different format, not Doc Ock 2... can anyone help me here? I've sold all of my Spidey's after issue #50 so can't look it up anymore...

As lame as those are, I still think that Luke Cage's rogues gallery is the worst and lamest in the history of comicdom.

I don't even know why this is a question.

63084497308.29.gif

And you missed a few heavy hitters like Cockroach, Diamondback, Shades, Comanche, The Phantom, Chemistro, Cottonmouth, and Mr Slick.

I really hate Robin. As much as I love Batman, Robin really wrecks it for me. His first appearance marked the beginning of the end of the cool covers and Batman's true nature wasn't recaptured until Neal Adams came on board. I was looking through the Photojournal and the Batman and Detective covers from the 50s and 60s really make my insides sad. Just look at what the gay wonder did to my beloved Bats! (I know the lame covers aren't just Robin's fault, but I hate the character anyways).

From this..... headbang.gif

tec31.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

To this..... frustrated.gif

tec241.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Who do you wish was left on the cutting room floor?

I actually feel the same exact way. When reading newer Batman stories I love the ones that are "flashback" stories with NO Robin. Look at the Batman movies with him too. I don't know but there is definitely something wrong with Bruce always needing to have a teenage boy side kick. Sorry but that [#@$%!!!] that Tim Drake said about Batman not being Batman without a Robin was compelete [#@$%!!!] becuase he was more of a dark knight without a little kid being around. I think they might as well do a story where Jason Todd comes back from the dead and tells everyone that for the past few years Bruce kept him shackled in the basement as a sex slave. Then we can have the trial and Bruce can show up to court in his PJ's.

Here.. I will help.

poke2.gif

Ze-

blush.gif

- see thats how its done, flame and graem, rinse repeat. Otherwise known as the Deathlock and Greggy, MK and Greggy, BOC and Greggy show.

yay.gif

As lame as those are, I still think that Luke Cage's rogues gallery is the worst and lamest in the history of comicdom.

I don't even know why this is a question.

63084497308.29.gif

except that Capt. Highliner guy when he's making you into Mr Fishfingers.

Here.. I will help.

poke2.gif

Ze-

blush.gif

yay.gif
screwy.gif

Here.. I will help.

poke2.gif

Ze-

blush.gif

yay.gif
screwy.gif

Don't encourage them Ze! There goes the thread..... frustrated.gifforeheadslap.gif