• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not that I'm telling CGC how to run their business but...

68 posts in this topic

I wish 3 to 4 months was a long time .... Life gives us 70,..maybe 80 years if we are lucky and 3/4 months actually is a blip in the timespan...

To a child's mind one week can last forever,.. especially before Christmas, but to an adult 3/4 months waiting is nothing ..I only wish 3/4 months lasted longer...

I put some blame on the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who are cgc'n everything but the kitchen sink. It really amazes me when I see cgc books that have sold for $11 on ebay, mostly because they are moderns that have not hit 9.8. Keep burning that $$ tho. (que for someone to put a gif of spanky throwing the $$ lol).

I wish 3 to 4 months was a long time .... Life gives us 70,..maybe 80 years if we are lucky and 3/4 months actually is a blip in the timespan...

To a child's mind one week can last forever,.. especially before Christmas, but to an adult 3/4 months waiting is nothing ..I only wish 3/4 months lasted longer...

:golfclap:

... with major cons a ways off, sure would be a good time to get caught up as much as possible.

2c

but you are telling cgc how to run their bussiness

lol

So, are you insinuating that he is posting in a passive aggressive manner? :troll:

Jokes aside, Walkin' Willie should get Walkin' back to posting this sort of underhanded drivel to a less....informed....crowd of sheeple over on Facebook comic groups.

He won't find any support for his baseless slights towards CGC on this board.

I do my best to stay out of this nonsense but I have to ask...

Are you for real?

Yes.

CGC (and Voldemort) will forever be behind their TAT for modern economy submissions, given the sheer volume of modern/hot book subs they get.

Anyone who has subbed books to CGC (or Voldemort) once should grasp this, both companies are inundated with modern economy subs.Modern subs account for most of their business.It is disrespectful to our host to either not understand this or expect a 30 day turn around, with modern economy tier

If you opt to pay the extra $10 or so for fast track grading then the wait time is cut back to about a month.

My advice to the OP would be to cough up the fast track fees next time around and stop with the retroactive complaining....

Just like any other service in life, you get what you pay for :)

That's precisely what I told you when you were complaining about pressing TATs.

hm

I love you too, Buzz. :foryou:

@RMA....

Hah.

The pressing firm that I used did not offer fast track pressing.

His turn around time was given to be 2 months, or less.He also did not ask me if I wanted the books fast tracked when they were subbed to CGC, after they were pressed.

FWIW, the pressing took about 6 weeks longer than it took CGC (at economy tier) to grade them all.

Yeah, but back then, everyone wasn't subbing moderns in the redonkulous volumes that they are nowadays.

It would be crazy sweet if MFT meant the subs would be graded in about a week but given the fact that modern subs make for *most* of the subs to CGC/Voldemort, it is what it is....and I am fine with paying the extra 8 bucks per book to get the books graded in about a month.

Yeah, but back then, everyone wasn't subbing moderns in the redonkulous volumes that they are nowadays.

This is true, especially with the just released material. Early on there was very little Modern submissions of anything recent. Maybe some Spawn and Valiant from the 90's but really not much.

There was no Fast track, turnaround time never exceeded a month, and you could get as much as a 20% discount off a regular fee of something like 15 or 16 dollars. There was no pressing costs. They did grade tighter though, you had to prescreen. BTW, prescreen rejects were usually free. The good old days !