• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 1 CGC 9.6 listed on ComicLink

116 posts in this topic

I long for the day when a nice book will be posted by someone that`s not the owner and people won`t immediately start to snipe at the grading.

I`m as critical of CGC as anybody, but man, it`s just gotten so, I don`t know, petty around here.

Pretty sure there's a thread. (I use google instead of the board's search function)

The prevailing tone on the boards these days is Cash; so the people that love, read, and collect The X-Men are less heard from. The title was the driving force of the industry for almost 25 years, so there are still generations of fans yet to make their presence felt. When I talk to non-collectors about comics, its usually The X-Men that evokes sentiment. I think the title has a solid future.

Pretty sure there's a thread. (I use google instead of the board's search function)

The prevailing tone on the boards these days is Cash; so the people that love, read, and collect The X-Men are less heard from. The title was the driving force of the industry for almost 25 years, so there are still generations of fans yet to make their presence felt. When I talk to non-collectors about comics, its usually The X-Men that evokes sentiment. I think the title has a solid future.

I will try Google. Maybe the thread is really old...

There was a much more recent thread. Someone posted in it a few weeks ago from what I remember.

As far as this book goes, if it's the copy I think it is I've held it in my hands and I also slabbed another CGC 9.6 myself a few years ago, so based on my experience with this book I don't personally feel this book is over graded based on my experience.

People forget that 9.4 and 9.6 books are not PERFECT MINT. They will have small defects. Even 9.8 books with have small defects.

Just tried the search feature and it seems to not be working properly right now as even this thread doesn't show up on a search for the key word "X-men" in the subject line.

Could this be the Mound City copy? Or maybe I'm getting my X-Men #1s mixed up. This book was graded in 2013.

It's not the Mound City copy. :)

It's unreal how some of these books have been taken care of for 40-50-60 years .

Especially when you consider that, until the early 90's, anything in very high grade is almost certainly to be an accident of preservation, and not a distinct attempt to procure the best copy possible at the time of release and carefully preserve it over the intervening decades.