• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete Marvel collection for sale

125 posts in this topic

Not a steal by any means. Then again, w/out seeing the books all of this is speculation.

yep it's priced tight and that's a lot of work.

One missed resto on a big key and you could be out thousands.

If this was local I'd love to go through it.

Would you pay just under $200 a long box for a collection like this? I've seen some of the keys at a show, and they are fairly rough. Without any price variants, and with all the SA books likely to be less than Fine, this would be a lot of money for what you get. At best the value of the mega-keys might represent 10-15% of the asking price.

Apologies if this has been already posted, but this strikes me as a relatively good deal. $200K for a complete Marvel collection, including all the keys, up to 2015?
Interesting! Reading others post I would have thought that this is not a common occurrence because people pay pennies on the dollar. In this case they are offering complete runs but sounds like low grades. So if hypothetically speaking a similar collection with complete runs of most all of the big Marvel silver and bronze titles and some DC in decent to above average condition was to be shopped who would be a buyer for this type of collection? Hypothetically it would be in alphabetically order, indexed, mylar bags and AF boards and about 30 K books with 300 CGC books.

Just wondering?

The collection was shopped around the National dealers before Friendly Frank bought it, the keys are absolute rags and some are incomplete.

Sounds like it's not worth anything close to the asking price. :eek:

30,000+ books at $5-$10 each + the keys. Someone could make money on this but it would take a lot of work.

A lot of work for likely a small profit.

Who would buy this at this price? Priced too high to be attractive to a dealer. This kind of bulk won't appeal to a collector. The article mentions selling to a research library or university.....

Anyone paying more than $60K would have trouble making there costs back. The big keys (I saw them) thought would retail at 35K with a customer acquisition cost of 5K. The other silver books better bronze sell for half guide on Ebay some even less 20K. The late bronze to modern are all common as dirt and 99% could be bought or sold at around a buck a book on Ebay in groups or runs.

Anyone paying more than $60K would have trouble making there costs back. The big keys (I saw them) thought would retail at 35K with a customer acquisition cost of 5K. The other silver books better bronze sell for half guide on Ebay some even less 20K. The late bronze to modern are all common as dirt and 99% could be bought or sold at around a buck a book on Ebay in groups or runs.

Agreed, I estimate the major keys worth around $35k to $40k. There are hundreds of minor keys and good demand books worth $100 or more but not near enough to get you another $160k. And the bulk has value but it also represents a ton of work and cost to sell.