• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #65

34 posts in this topic

I agree with the Doc. To me, a chip out from a VF must be VERY small! :D

Right, to me we're talking 1/8" or less. But these are just my opinions of course.

I'll try to find one or two. It may take a while. Although not high grade, there was a FF 45 with a 3/4" X 1" piece missing from the front cover that received a CGC 5.5. I believe it was posted in the resto forum about 7-8 months ago. You guys might want to search for that. In the meantime, I'll get to work on my project.

Here's the link on the FF 45. Looks like it was a 5.0, not a 5.5. I'll be on the lookout for HG examples.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=376870&Number=8556603#Post8556603

From that thread

Not that bad IMHO. The rest of the book is NM. It will likely sell on the lower end of 5.0's, but technically I believe the grade could be argued.

The rest of that book is not NM. Not even close

Here's the link on the FF 45. Looks like it was a 5.0, not a 5.5. I'll be on the lookout for HG examples.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=376870&Number=8556603#Post8556603

From that thread

Not that bad IMHO. The rest of the book is NM. It will likely sell on the lower end of 5.0's, but technically I believe the grade could be argued.

The rest of that book is not NM. Not even close

:sorry:

I took a good look at that F.F. 45. Here's what I see.

Front Cover

1. Crease top outside corner. Corner also looks a bit blunted.

2. Top spine corner looks like there may be a tiny chip out. Not sure.

3. A few color scrapes along the spine.

4. Bottom spine corner has a color flake or a chip out.

5. Bottom edge has color flaking.

Back Cover - Looks pretty good from what I can see.

Hi Steve,

actually, having found a copy that I am perfectly happy with, I have now just a single copy of #64. :)

#65 is another matter… I am waiting for prices to drop to settle the question… lol

@Ghost Rider: hm… As you see, evaluations were pretty varied. Given the front cover is pretty nice I'd be inclined to call it a 5.0, but I can see your reasons to go lower… hm