• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PUNISHER on Netflix
4 4

420 posts in this topic

Any word yet on the villain this season?

I mean, I have no problem with it being Bobby Saint, but I was kind of holding out for Jigsaw, and/or at least a Kingpin cameo.

* caveat - my Punisher knowlege is limited to the late '80s-early '90s (think Punisher Limited through issue 40, along with War Journal 1-25 and War Zone 1-10).

So I'm not up to speed on the Garth Ennis era - present.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Any word yet on the villain this season?

I mean, I have no problem with it being Bobby Saint, but I was kind of holding out for Jigsaw, and/or at least a Kingpin cameo.

* caveat - my Punisher knowlege is limited to the late '80s-early '90s (think Punisher Limited through issue 40, along with War Journal 1-25 and War Zone 1-10).

So I'm not up to speed on the Garth Ennis era - present.

:wishluck:

It's a wrap!

The Punisher Wrap Poster by Joe Quesada Features Frank, Micro & More

q0q7AMv.png

The Punisher wrap poster, drawn by Joe Quesada, for Marvel and Netflix’s upcoming standalone series is revealed. When Marvel and Netflix began releasing their original Defenders series together, beginning with the first seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones in 2015, it became clear to fans right away that the two companies were dead set on making sure the depictions of the show’s characters were as faithful as possible. And coming off of the critically-panned 2003 Daredevil film, which starred Ben Affleck in the title role, it turned out to be exactly what the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen needed.

After filming The Punisher for several months on location in New York City, principal photography on the first season has officially been completed. So in honor of the production wrap on the season, Marvel’s Joe Quesada has created a new promotional poster for The Punisher, which in all black and white, teases the series’ dark tones and main set of characters. The GOAT Film Podcast recently shared a picture of the poster online.

They already did jigsaw but is there any other criminal that could make an appearance?  Maybe Sin Eater?  Can't really think of anyone that is an easy fit.

Whoops - looks like I should have read up a bit.  Punisher is one of those characters who doesn't have a set cast of villains since I guess he kills them off.

PUNISHER Director Says The Netflix Series Will Debut In November

While talking to The Hollywood Reporter about an episode of Fargo she captained and the fact that she often directs North American shows while they're filming overseas, Irish director Debrbhla Walsh was asked whether Fargo marked the first time that she actually traveled to the United States to direct an American show. Walsh replied it actually wasn't, as she previously directed an episode of Marvel's Punisher, which stars Jon Bernthal.  

"One other time that hasn't been aired yet, which was an episode for the new Marvel series The Punisher, which I did just before Christmas, but it's not airing until November. I directed that in New York and edited in L.A., but this was my first directing experience in lovely Canada."

It seems Walsh has let slip that the series won't debut until November, three months after The Defenders miniseries drops on the streaming platform.

The Punisher Will Be Very Different From Marvel’s Other Shows

the-punisher-220297.jpg

Recently, Stephen Sufjik sat down for an interview with Combat Radio. The director talked about his Marvel tenure during the chat, and Sufjik took a brief moment to tease The Punisher as the series heads into post-production.

When Sufjik was asked if he could talk about his latest project, the director said he could so long as he didn’t cross Marvel’s infamous NDAs.

“I can't get into too many details, because of course the NDA that I've signed with Marvel are fairly comprehensive. But we finished, I finished directing the finale for The Punisher, not that long ago. So, that baby is in post-production. I think I'm allowed to say that it's really good,” Sufjik explained.

Continuing, the director then he was knocked out by the series as a whole.

“It is different than the other Marvel shows as far as it is an adult drama. There are no superpowers. You know the Punisher is a character who is based on vengeance, fundamentally. His family is a victim of some horrific thing,” Sufjik said. “But the character himself is well-known and the way that they approach it is very different from the other shows.”

Granted, I never saw Punisher War Zone, so I'd be okay with a new TV version of Jigsaw.

Sure, I know War Zone is technically MCU canon, but it *is* their lowest grossing theatrical release.

Jon Bernthal On If Iron Fist's Poor Reception Affects The Punisher

In the wake of highly praised Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Daredevil seasons, the Finn Jones-lead Iron Fist series tanked down to a 17% approval rating on RottenTomatoes.

According to series lead and titular anti-hero Jon Bernthal, the Punisher series will not be influenced by the negativity surrounding Iron Fist.

“For me, with all due respect, it’s not about reviewers,” Bernthal said. “I promised them I’d do my best to try to get this right -- and I hope we did. One thing I can say is we fought hard.”

The Punisher series does not yet have a release date but is expected to arrive on Netflix in 2017.