• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PUNISHER on Netflix
4 4

420 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 7:21 PM, Beige said:

Tough crowd.

Thought it was exactly as it said on the label - 'turn your brain off, and enjoy the mayhem' - and it delivered.

Those seeking some kind of enlightenment in a Punisher show will be waiting a long time.

He kills people. Full stop.

Bernthal was excellent.

not looking for enlightenment. just some decent writing and plot moves that are not obvious from a mile away. these are the things that make tv shows like GOT more successful than tripe like the punisher series. even the first season of daredevil was far more interesting and successful. kingpin is well fleshed out and compelling. there's a good reason punisher never got a second season. i'm glad you enjoyed it. still doesn't make it a good show.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:06 AM, alexgross.com said:

not looking for enlightenment. just some decent writing and plot moves that are not obvious from a mile away. these are the things that make tv shows like GOT more successful than tripe like the punisher series. even the first season of daredevil was far more interesting and successful. kingpin is well fleshed out and compelling. there's a good reason punisher never got a second season. i'm glad you enjoyed it. still doesn't make it a good show.

Punisher on Netflix did have 2 seasons of his own. 

On 7/30/2022 at 1:06 AM, alexgross.com said:

Eh?

The Punisher HAD 2 seasons - and is possibly back for a third.

Bernthal has a contract will MCU so will be in other features - as Frank castle you would assume.

On 7/30/2022 at 5:54 AM, alexgross.com said:

my bad. i disliked the show so much that i guess i erased it from my reality as soon as possible. 

I liked the show along with the rest of the Marvel Netflix shows, with maybe the exception of Iron Fist. As someone here mentioned, he's the Punisher, he kills people, it's violent. And I never liked the comics ever... I probably bought less than 10 issues in my life. I'm not sure why I even have ASM129, since I never cared for the character. 

On 7/29/2022 at 8:06 AM, alexgross.com said:

We all hope but the constant restraints of Disney keeps pulling the show back. If they can get the John wick director, Antoine faquar and the team from the terminal list, jack reacher, jack Ryan they would be good to go have jack Carr write the story would be amazing. 

On 1/26/2024 at 11:55 AM, Bosco685 said:

I heard this is good. Anyone?

:shiftyeyes:

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but yes, it was decent. It was a bit grown up, if you're used to watching things like NCIS or the like, it is good but just as slow... It isn't a thrill ride all the time, so some might call it grueling.

Was it worth the watch upon release where it isn't all available at one time? yes, but idk if anyone just starting now would get through it all. Kind of psychological at times or grueling imo. It is gritty if you're into that, still thankful I saw it all, but I wouldn't go through it again lol 

But that is me personally, I need upbeat stuff most of the time, but it IS GOOD.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/26/2024 at 2:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but yes, it was decent. It was a bit grown up, if you're used to watching things like NCIS or the like, it is good but just as slow... It isn't a thrill ride all the time, so some might call it grueling.

Was it worth the watch upon release where it isn't all available at one time? yes, but idk if anyone just starting now would get through it all. Kind of psychological at times or grueling imo. It is gritty if you're into that, still thankful I saw it all, but I wouldn't go through it again lol 

But that is me personally, I need upbeat stuff most of the time, but it IS GOOD.

:baiting:

It was a joke to someone starting a thread about their repeat viewing. That would be wild if the trend became "Only for those on their XXX viewing..."

:nyah:

On 1/26/2024 at 10:55 AM, Bosco685 said:

I heard this is good. Anyone?

:shiftyeyes:

Man, I searched and searched for this thread and couldn't find it - so I started a new one. I shoulda just sent five bucks to @BlowUpTheMoon to find it for me.

On 1/26/2024 at 12:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Kind of psychological at times or grueling imo. It is gritty if you're into that, still thankful I saw it all, but I wouldn't go through it again lol 

I think that the Punisher seasons have done some of the best character development out there - Frank Castle's portrayal transcends the comic books in an amazing, respectful and introspective way. I am obviously a huge fan, but each re-watch I am always amazed at how excellent the show was from an overall standpoint.

When I was younger, my grandmother (who was in her late 80's/early 90's) would watch Turner Classic Movies - and I always wondered when I get to be that age, if I'll do the same. I will 100% be re-watching The Punisher when I'm 80 years old.

On 1/26/2024 at 6:27 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Man, I searched and searched for this thread and couldn't find it - so I started a new one. I shoulda just sent five bucks to @BlowUpTheMoon to find it for me.

If you try "content title" first and it doesn't come up, then try "content title and body" and I have found it to work by just going back a few pages.

This search feature just seems worse than the previous forum.