• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show Feb. 28, 2016 Vancouver, BC, Canada

60 posts in this topic

The 7th Vancouver Comic and Toy Show has already sold out of the 100 vendor's tables but there is a waiting list available. Several forumites will be selling there and running around in the morning looking for good deals on Sunday Feb. 28, 2016 at the Croatian Cultural Center in East Vancouver that offers FREE parking. Admission is $5. More info here:

http://www.canadiancomics.net/

I have managed to restock, and had time to dig around the basement where I found Amaz. Spider-man # 362, 363 (sorry sold out of ASM # 361 Carnage already), a run of BA Ghost Riders #2 up, Tomb of Dracula, and other decent back issues like:

uaLHjp8l.jpg

There is also an ATM money machine, and concession stand available with hamburgers, coffee, pop, etc. Hope to see you there. (thumbs u

Do not recommend the concession stand.

DO recommend checking out my amazing booth.

lol. That I got to agree with you on the concession stand!

Yup, check out yours and ours ... We have got something good. :wishluck::wishluck: Hope that we will do well this year! :acclaim:

Since you mentioned about the guys coming from Victoria B.C. ... I did know that there will be one show going be on March 20th in Victoria. I wonder if you think it's worth the time and ferry cost in trying do sales in that show?

Back to your post... I do see one book I will want check out, thank you for the photo. (thumbs u

dear Fan boy,

I am sure the Victoria Comic Expo that Sunday would be good for buying. Cost of the ferry is very high making it tougher to make some loot $$ overall selling in Victoria. I would recommend u attend that comicon if u have relatives in Victoria u would like to visit on the weekend anyways.

DC 100 page Adventure Comics is $42 loonies. Appears (thumbs u vf from the front cover.

dear Fan boy,

I am sure the Victoria Comic Expo that Sunday would be good for buying. Cost of the ferry is very high making it tougher to make some loot $$ overall selling in Victoria. I would recommend u attend that comicon if u have relatives in Victoria u would like to visit on the weekend anyways.

DC 100 page Adventure Comics is $42 loonies. Appears (thumbs u vf from the front cover.

Not have relatives there but do have a good friend who lives in Victoria. He had bugged me in visiting him one day on a weekend. So I think I ought take up his offer to stay at his place overnight and go to this show as a buyer. At least it's cheaper going by bus over ferry ride! :insane:

Here's another show that u probably never heard of run by Brasco Exhibitions from Red Deer(?):

Vancouver Expo 3 day Pop Culture con in Aug/16 at BC Place. $500 per booth ... erhh ... that is the discounted vendor's rate. More info here but it may help to spell "Vancouver" properly in your online marketing:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/990ce3_0bab6a4bdd45487f815ebb8a1e80fa08.pdf

http://www.brascoexhibitions.com/#!events/zhccp

The brand new Vancouver Expo to be held at BC Place downtown should not be confused :wishluck: with annual downtown Vancouver FAN Expo in Nov/16 or the 3 times/year Vancouver Comic Show in East Vancouver's Croatian Cultural Ctr.

The brand new Vancouver Expo to be held at BC Place downtown should not be confused :wishluck: with annual downtown Vancouver FAN Expo in Nov/16 or the 3 times/year Vancouver Comic Show in East Vancouver's Croatian Cultural Ctr.

Hasn't the same group been trying to launch shows in Vancouver and Red Deer for a few years now under different names?

Fan Expo Vancouver is November 11-13 this year, it will be my first time back with the show since the year it launched.

I don't think this is the same Coquitlam, BC person/group that launched a 2 day pop culture show out of a downtown Vancouver 4 star hotel in Oct, 2015 with headliner The Honky Tonk Man, wrestler. The 3 comic and 1 anime toy vendors who prepaid for 2 days did not show up to try to sell on the Sunday, as not enough customers, collectors, fans, lack of promotion. :makepoint:

Newer Brasco Exhibitions Promoters are based out of Calgary, AB.

With Kevin Boyd returning to help, hopefully it won't take three (3) doh! months to get a reply to emails or phone calls re the Vancouver Fan Expo Nov, 2016 from its promoters.

Well, at the helm isn't quite right... comics is my area... but at least the applicants for Pro Guest space will get a quick reply from me and I'll be seeking out BC's best and brightest creators to join the already shaping up well guest list for the event.

I'll certainly do what I can to communicate with the vendor booking department if anyone has any questions or is waiting on a response.

Brasco Exhibitions... formerly Comic & Entertainment Expo International. First incorporated in May of 2015 then renamed this month to Brasco Exhibitions. The name is an abbreviation of the promoter's name: Ben Marasco, who is based out of Calgary, AB. According to his Linkedin and FB, he worked for the Alberta Entertainment Expo which puts on the Calgary, Edmonton and Saskatoon Expos. Guess he decided to strike out on his own?

Thanks for doing the basic Linked In and Facebook research on Brasco. Any relation to forumite Bronty, as they have similar surnames?

Brasco may have a hard time getting cosplayers and toy vendors to join his Vanc Expo, as it falls on the exact same 3 days in Aug, 2016, as the large and established :o Anime Revolution con in downtown Vancouver at another venue:

http://www.animerevolution.ca/

Thanks for doing the basic Linked In and Facebook research on Brasco. Any relation to forumite Bronty, as they have similar surnames?

Brasco may have a hard time getting cosplayers and toy vendors to join his Vanc Expo, as it falls on the exact same 3 days in Aug, 2016, as the large and established :o Anime Revolution con in downtown Vancouver at another venue:

Uh, that link only shows info from last year's show. I didn't see dates for 2016. (shrug)

This is sorta not for me ... No comics? No go.

Uh, that link only shows info from last year's show. I didn't see dates for 2016. (shrug)

This is sorta not for me ... No comics? No go.

It's right on the front page

Bottom line is that it will be hard for Brasco Exhibitions to break even if 1/2 of his attendance decides to attend the more established Anime Revolution. Comic collector/fans may only make up 10% of total attendance at http://vancexpo.com

Best of luck breaking into the Vancouver pop culture scene. (thumbs u