• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS regional shipping??

57 posts in this topic

I heard changes were taking place today (Jan.17) but I thought it was only Box C. I can't find anything with regional rates when I log in to "calculate a price" either.

This stinks.

Here's what i found from an Oct 2015 proposal that takes effect today:

Eliminate

Priority Mail

Regional Rate Box C

(BNS 351)

The USPS

will

discontinue the Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C

I think it may indeed be extinct. My post office told me recently that they have not carried those boxes in a long time.

The post office has never carried the regional boxes, they were only available online, just like a 1092, 1095 et al.

Pretty sure there was a thread about discontinuing several styles a while back but I'm working on dinner right now and can't look. Donut would know.

Looking at USPS site it seems to be restricted now to Commercial account use only.

This is terrible because I have a ton of boxes and planned on using them. Oh well, guess I have to check out UPS or FedEx rates now

Scroll to the middle of the page for info on Regional

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

Then it links out to:

Regional Rate Boxes

[1-17-16] Regional Rate Box prices are available to Priority Mail Commercial Base or Commercial Plus customers who use USPS-produced Priority Mail Regional Rate Boxes under 223.1.8. Regional Rate Boxes paid at retail are charged a fee based on zone (1-4 or 5-9), in addition to the applicable Commercial Base or Commercial Plus postage. Regional Rate Boxes that exceed the maximum weight as specified in 223.1.8 or have container flaps that do not close within the normal folds are not eligible for Regional Rate Box prices and are assessed the applicable single-piece Priority Mail price.

The only good news I see is that first class packages are going up to 15.99 oz.

Discounts that were available on USPS.com are no longer available. Looks like everything is going up.

The only thing about regional I could find was that Box C was discontinued, but the rate calculator does not list any regional boxes.

This was the clearest explanation I could find.

http://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/

Discounts that were available on USPS.com are no longer available. Looks like everything is going up.

The only thing about regional I could find was that Box C was discontinued, but the rate calculator does not list any regional boxes.

Yeah, the increased capability for first class mail is good... but seeing the "discounted" rate on a Priority Mail flat rate envelope go from $5.05 to $5.75 is quite a jump.

But hey, in the context of what things cost in the world it's still incredibly cheap. Just not as cheap as we're accustomed to it being.

Yeah, the increased capability for first class mail is good... but seeing the "discounted" rate on a Priority Mail flat rate envelope go from $5.05 to $5.75 is quite a jump.

But hey, in the context of what things cost in the world it's still incredibly cheap. Just not as cheap as we're accustomed to it being.

That's a great way to put it, thank you.

I just figured I'm not going to be able to do the combined shipping on eBay that I used to with the regional boxes, but I guess I can use the medium flat rate ones instead.

What a waste though, I have a few hundred regional boxes in all kinds of sizes.

That's a great way to put it, thank you.

I just figured I'm not going to be able to do the combined shipping on eBay that I used to with the regional boxes, but I guess I can use the medium flat rate ones instead.

What a waste though, I have a few hundred regional boxes in all kinds of sizes.

I do free shipping on everything on ebay... so all this means is that I either raise all my prices... or (more likely) I just net less for each sale.

that still shows rates for Regional A's & B's i just don't know about the "Commercial Shipper" referenced on the USPS site

Regional Rate A and B shipping is still available, Regional Rate C has been removed. The rates appear to have jumped about 15-20% across the board, but still a good deal. I sent a Regional Rate Box A from Virginia to San Francisco (shipping Tuesday) for $10.77, up from $9.97, including my eBay discounts.

All still available. Regional Rate Box A2 (good for shipping a bunch of comics)

Thanks, Dan and everyone. That is good news about first class but sounds like a fairly steep hike in general if online discounts are being eliminated.

I only use Regional Box A and it generally saves me $1 to $5. Perfect for certain quantities.

With my regular shipping boxes I think I'm going to be able to send 4 comics first class, up from 3, but maybe I can do 5. Depends.

Regional Rate A and B shipping is still available, Regional Rate C has been removed. The rates appear to have jumped about 15-20% across the board, but still a good deal. I sent a Regional Rate Box A from Virginia to San Francisco (shipping Tuesday) for $10.77, up from $9.97, including my eBay discounts.

Thanks, Dan...but it shows the boxes, but can you find a rate on USPS? I don't seen one under calculate or print a shipping label?

Unless it was a glitch.

Thanks, Dan...but it shows the boxes, but can you find a rate on USPS? I don't seen one under calculate or print a shipping label?

Unless it was a glitch.

User error :rulez: