• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silica packs and CGC storage

23 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2017 at 1:55 PM, ARCHIVED COLLECTIBLES said:

No. I discard those. I will be getting together tonight with some collecting folks. Will ask around.

Today I removed the old silica gel packs from my safe despot box. Despite not being replaced for a year or longer, they were 100% dry, leaving no moisture residue of any kind. The inside of the box was cool and dry.

I opened the packets up before I threw them away and the majority of the beads were yellow/brown, some clear and all appeared hard and dried out.

28 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Today I removed the old silica gel packs from my safe despot box. Despite not being replaced for a year or longer, they were 100% dry, leaving no moisture residue of any kind. The inside of the box was cool and dry.

I opened the packets up before I threw them away and the majority of the beads were yellow/brown, some clear and all appeared hard and dried out.

What does it all mean? (shrug)