• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Estate Sale Find One Owner Collection Batman #1

33 posts in this topic

Ya know, I'm not going to make any friends here but if you want to "maximize" I would keep the books intact and sell them on the Bay with a full description and lots of photos. There are lots of collectors that would like a cheap copy or need the parts. You will hit a much bigger audience...

Don't go the "page" route. These have had a hard enough life already. The better pages will sell first and then you have a lot of ones that really wouldn't be worth much. It really seems a shame to have them torn up worse.

Ya know, I'm not going to make any friends here but if you want to "maximize" I would keep the books intact and sell them on the Bay with a full description and lots of photos. There are lots of collectors that would like a cheap copy or need the parts. You will hit a much bigger audience...

Don't go the "page" route. These have had a hard enough life already. The better pages will sell first and then you have a lot of ones that really wouldn't be worth much. It really seems a shame to have them torn up worse.

I agree.

This.

One of the most disheartening roads the hobby has taken is making the whole worth less than the sum of the parts. These poor things don't need to be pieced out...but, unfortunately, the market has rewarded this, and so, of course, it will continue to happen.

What a shame.

This.

One of the most disheartening roads the hobby has taken is making the whole worth less than the sum of the parts. These poor things don't need to be pieced out...but, unfortunately, the market has rewarded this, and so, of course, it will continue to happen.

What a shame.

Agreed.

I sell a lot of coverless Golden Age on eBay. eBay is by far the best venue to move this kind of stuff - there are lots of collectors who are looking for affordable Golden Age keys and coverless is the way to go. I usually get between 25-75% of Overstreet "Good" for books, but for some the price is much higher. You should sell them - if that's your plan - raw individually. Tremendous find.

Don't worrry about it, you paid very little for them you will do very well if you just start them out at $9.99 with no reserve. The market will seek it's own level and you will be plenty surprised...

You still seem to want to put a price on them. If so, do it. They will sell or not (probably not). The consensus here is the Bay is the way to go.

Personally, I could use a centerfold for the Bat #1 but I'm not going to ask. I'm afraid of what I would hear.

I agree. I think that's the way to go. What do you think I should reasonably expect to get out of The Batman #1 and The Wonder Woman #1? What would you sell them for?

PM sent

I already consigned someone on Ebay to repro all the missing covers

It was only $20 for all the missing covers and pages

Hi, and congrats on a terrific find! I would agree that eBaying them in as complete form as they are would prolly be your best bet financially.

Can you post the user ID of the eBayer that can repro covers? I have a few keepers that could use that service. Or PM it to me. Thx!

I agree. I think that's the way to go. What do you think I should reasonably expect to get out of The Batman #1 and The Wonder Woman #1? What would you sell them for?

I personally would start them at $5 and let the market decide. You'll get lots of bidders and lots of looks.