• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How rare is the Journey Into Mystery 76 price variant?

31 posts in this topic

no i don't, maybe darthdiesel can chime in. the search for the boards sucks majorarse compared to the last search engine. mad.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I found it. It was in an old Marketplace and it was when you sold your copy of the blacked out version. J_C mentioned the 12 cent in circle version that I posted above, but nobody had a scan of it. Then some dude posted an FF2 "variant" that he then confessed to making in photoshop.

I can assure you, my book is real and not a photoshop fabrication.

Is that bottom scan a printed 12¢ price circle or a sticker?

It's printed.

So TOMG: Does Overstreet need to update the listing to say that there are two different 12-cent versions in addition to the 10-cent version??

Based on what is here. I will be passing the information on to Bob for the next price guide.

893applaud-thumb.gif Such a different response here than what we saw from another member of Gemstone in the GA forum.

It's printed.

So TOMG: Does Overstreet need to update the listing to say that there are two different 12-cent versions in addition to the 10-cent version??

Based on what is here. I will be passing the information on to Bob for the next price guide.

893applaud-thumb.gif Such a different response here than what we saw from another member of Gemstone in the GA forum.

Guys,

No real difference in response from any of us. I had recently heard of this and this was great timing as it adds to what was already given to us. Documentation is the key for anything we receive. I can think of several times this past year where countless amounts of time was spent trying to verify possible data. In a few cases several people were involved in the process. One thing about all of us is that we truly love comics and that’s why we do what we do.

Amazing. People on these boards compile a list of 80 corrections, we have documentation provided for them, verifiable facts, and we get every one in, and no one seems to remember that anymore and just jumps on the bashing bandwagon. Memories are so short.

It's printed.

Guys,

No real difference in response from any of us. I had recently heard of this and this was great timing as it adds to what was already given to us. Documentation is the key for anything we receive. I can think of several times this past year where countless amounts of time was spent trying to verify possible data. In a few cases several people were involved in the process. One thing about all of us is that we truly love comics and that’s why we do what we do.

Hey, we all love comics, that's for sure. You guys take a lot of abuse on the boards, but I think people do understand that you're swimming in data. Ok, well, I do. And I appreciate it. Keep up the good work thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

It's printed.

Tom and Arnold: if you need me to provide high-res scans of the two different 12-cent versions let me know and I will.

thumbsup2.gif

Amazing. People on these boards compile a list of 80 corrections, we have documentation provided for them, verifiable facts, and we get every one in, and no one seems to remember that anymore and just jumps on the bashing bandwagon. Memories are so short.

but what have you done for us lately. poke2.gif

I have one of each to be sure. Just curious as to their rarity. I'm not all that familiar with price variants.

When the guy I talked to at ComicFest said he saw a JIM 62 price variant, well, I would have to see that to believe it. There's no mention of it in the guides.

There was a copy of the JIM #62 variant that sold on eBay a couple of years ago. It was a VG at best and went for well over double guide in grade at the time (which still was not very much). I stopped bidding at close to 2 x guide as I thought it was foolish to bid that high on a low grade copy. frustrated.gif

I have one of each to be sure. Just curious as to their rarity. I'm not all that familiar with price variants.

When the guy I talked to at ComicFest said he saw a JIM 62 price variant, well, I would have to see that to believe it. There's no mention of it in the guides.

There was a copy of the JIM #62 variant that sold on eBay a couple of years ago. It was a VG at best and went for well over double guide in grade at the time (which still was not very much). I stopped bidding at close to 2 x guide as I thought it was foolish to bid that high on a low grade copy. frustrated.gif

Interesting. Would like to have seen that!