• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How rare is the Journey Into Mystery 76 price variant?

31 posts in this topic

I've seen several copies of the JIM 76 12 cent price variant. Anybody know how rare this is, really?

I also heard from someone who claims to have had a JIM 62 price variant 12-center. Never heard of it. Have you?

Here's the #76 variant:

journey_into_mystery_76.jpg

And the regular 12-cent edition:

jim76.jpg

Anybody have a regular 10-cent edition?

yes and the 10 cent version is less valuable in the OS guide. gossip.gif

Right, but I guess my question should be:how many different variations of the 12-cent variant exist, and how rare is each one in comparison to the 10-cent editions??

If you look at my post above, there are 2 different 12-cent editions. But the bottom scan shows a 12-cent printed version that is different from the blacked out price variant with 12 c printed on the J in Journey.

Overstreet mentions the 10 cent and the "10-c cover price blacked out, 12-c printed on."

So is the non-blacked out 12-center (the bottom scan) rare also? confused.gif

Geez, I think I've confused myself! 27_laughing.gif

I have one of each to be sure. Just curious as to their rarity. I'm not all that familiar with price variants.

When the guy I talked to at ComicFest said he saw a JIM 62 price variant, well, I would have to see that to believe it. There's no mention of it in the guides.

Ive got a few different Pre-Hero books with different 10-cent treatments. Has this been mentioned before? On some copies the 10c is on the artwork, and in others its in a little box. ANyone have info on these variants?

Ive got a few different Pre-Hero books with different 10-cent treatments. Has this been mentioned before? On some copies the 10c is on the artwork, and in others its in a little box. ANyone have info on these variants?

Post!

Now!

Please????flowerred.gif

Post!

Now!

Please????flowerred.gif

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

you knoe me and getting scans ready for posting...has noone seen them before?

I don't think I've seen any but the Genie cover. Knowing that they were your copies, I figured that they might be nice ones. Hence the plaintive cry, "Post!".

popcorn.gif

me,. JC, and darthdiesel did a thread about 60's price variant before. try looking it up in "search". it's got pics too. gossip.giflaugh.gifthumbsup2.gif

Hmm, do ya remember the title of the thread (ie, did it start out as being about Silver Age price variants or was it a different thread that went in that direction? I did 6 searches using keywords like Price Variant and such and even searched on posts by you (dang you've posted a lot... grin.gif ) and could not find a specific thread. That's the downside of the search functions on these boards.

Thanx thumbsup2.gif

Is that bottom scan a printed 12¢ price circle or a sticker?

It's printed.

So TOMG: Does Overstreet need to update the listing to say that there are two different 12-cent versions in addition to the 10-cent version??

It's printed.

So TOMG: Does Overstreet need to update the listing to say that there are two different 12-cent versions in addition to the 10-cent version??

Based on what is here. I will be passing the information on to Bob for the next price guide.

It's printed.

Based on what is here. I will be passing the information on to Bob for the next price guide.

thumbsup2.gif