• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isn't The Overstreet Guide Out Soon ?????

131 posts in this topic

Ian said that he spent a long time on the phone with Tom, reading him a list of the 400 omissions.

No I never read him the entire list. I started with fifty or sixty of them, but that was back in the fall of 2003. They still are missing from the guide.

Hey Arnold (isn't that a TV show?), I'm pretty sure I have a TPB titled "Batman Kills Superman," but it isn't listed in the guide. I don't have a pic, nor do I want to find it in my closet. Can you just add it please?

The difference being that last year I started systematically going through each comic checked against the guide, and started writing down omissions on a list.

The Official Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide...will debut two weeks early...on March 23!

Less than a week away! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Can't wait for next Wednesday myself. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I've been picking up the guide for almost the last 30 years and I know that prices don't usually change very much and may not be totally reflective of the marketplace. Yet I still get this great feeling of anticipation when the final days are winding down and particularly when I flipped the book open for the first time to check out the new prices.

Anybody else get this same type of feeling or am I the only weird one here? Don't know if it's reaffirmation of my love for this hobby or simply pure justification for having chosen this hobby.

I certainly don't get this same feeling when I open my newspaper to the stock quotations pages and I am quite certain I also won't get it if I subscribe to GPA or flip open a copy of the Wizard.

Arnold or Tom;

Thinking outside the box here.

Is there any reason why the OS guide comes out in the springtime?

The major convention season is over by the end of August. Would it not make some sense to wrap everything up then and have your year go from September through to the end of August from a pricing evaluation point of view.

This way you could hopefully get the guide out in early December in time for Christmas and year-end. Actually, this idea was suggested by the owner of the major LCS here in the city who stated that he would be able to sell a ton more copies of the guide since it would be an ideal Christmas present for all collectors (especially those who normally aren't willing to fork out the dollars for a copy of the guide).

Hmmm....a opportunity to sell more copies of the guide? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is there any reason why the OS guide comes out in the springtime?...The major convention season is over by the end of August.

Well, maybe to give the major con dealers a boost in price for that year?

frown.gif

I didn't say that1 It wasn't me! I got soap in my eyes!!!!!

Don't know the date I'm afraid. As for the market reports, you'll just have to wait and...

...oh all right, yes they're in there. I specifically wanted to get them in so everyone here would have one less thing to complain about, so get them in we did. Enjoy. smile.gif

As for the Big Big Book, we've never put the market reports in at all...before.

Well, when's the Big Big due out? Some of us are waiting to find out if the market reports are included (ka-ching!) or not (No $ale!) sleeping.gifpopcorn.gif

All right, now you're talkin'! thumbsup2.gifflowerred.gif Time to go camp out to be first in line for .... whenever.

IIRC, there was some mention of early May for the BBOPG, so the wait should be about over. confused-smiley-013.gif