• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isn't The Overstreet Guide Out Soon ?????

131 posts in this topic

I love the way all of you have assumed from the moment this began that Tom was actually on the phone listening to someone reading him a list of *400* corrections for the Guide. No one has for one second questioned that this actually happened. No doubts? None at all? You believe this entire story with utter conviction? We're just lying and ignoring a vast amount of incredibly valuable data that would improve our Guide and we're doing so willfully with no regard for our book and our readers and our responsibility to the industry?

Or could there perhaps be another version of this story? Anyone care to contemplate that?

Aren't you the person who just said "Just giving us the name of the book won't cut it"? If someone gives you the name of a book that is missing but they don't give you a photocopy of the cover and the indicia, you DO ignore it. You have said so more times than I can count.

As for believing Ian, he's posted it at least three times in threads you were reading and this is the first time you've ever said he was lying -- oh wait, you didn't actually SAY he was lying, did you? You just subtly hinted that he might or might not have been. And I don't see Tom here saying a word either. confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyone care to contemplate that?

Why waist our time contemplating when you could just confirm or deny that the conversation ever happened? Naw, why bother. Let's all just guess at what you're saying here so the issue can become even more clouded. Christo_pull_hair.gifscrewy.gif

If someone gives you the name of a book that is missing but they don't give you a photocopy of the cover and the indicia, you DO ignore it. You have said so more times than I can count.

Don't underestimate your self FFB. With fingers and toes you can go to at least....................20. insane.gif

If someone gives you the name of a book that is missing but they don't give you a photocopy of the cover and the indicia, you DO ignore it. You have said so more times than I can count.

Don't underestimate your self FFB. With fingers and toes you can go to at least....................20. insane.gif

I was going to post a clever reply such as "If you think about it, I can count to at least 21," but I figured some wisenheimer would just respond "Don't you mean 20 1/2?" At least, that's the comeback I'd use. yay.gif

Did I mention we're grateful? Can someone tell me how many more times I have to state this on the record before people understand that we mean it?

With the greatest of respect, Arnold, that's a crock.

I have tried and tried.

I have finally posted information here, which took hours of sifting and sorting to assimilate, to PROVE that there are over four hundred DC mistakes, but you STILL DON'T SEEM TO CARE.

Nor have I EVER been thanked for my wasted efforts.

Ian, THANKS for your wasted efforts! yeahok.gif

Hey Arnold (isn't that a TV show?), I'm pretty sure I have a TPB titled "Batman Kills Superman," but it isn't listed in the guide. I don't have a pic, nor do I want to find it in my closet. Can you just add it please?

Hey Arnold (isn't that a TV show?), I'm pretty sure I have a TPB titled "Batman Kills Superman," but it isn't listed in the guide. I don't have a pic, nor do I want to find it in my closet. Can you just add it please?

Does the guide have the Legends of the Batman mini-mini-series? You know, the books that are the size of 5 x 8 note cards?

If I see prices on key books in this new guide that are still 1/3 - 1/2 of the current market price, I'm going to lose my mind. I can understand this happening with books that are impossible to gauge (MM #1, Cap #1, Tec #27, etc.), but there are more commonly available keys that have been routinely selling for 2x - 5x guide for years. Absolutely inexcusable... this smells like laziness to me.

Evidently even though it's a proper name, it's been split into Over and Street. This edition will also see the word Comic split into Co and Mic and similar splits in the rest of the words, which is why in-house we're now referring to the book as TOSCMBOPCGD.