• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk 181 & New Mutants 98

16 posts in this topic

Long time lurker, rarely post. I've had the Deadpool in my collection for a couple years, picked up the 181 this summer and I'm always leary on giving anything a grade myself. I'm curious the thoughts on these 2 books, thanks! BTW the MVS is intact

Deadpool01_zpsc1tcttrx.jpg

Deadpool02_zpsms0wpmss.jpg

Deadpool03_zpsafb345yn.jpg

Wolverine01_zpsbsxy0mry.jpg

Wolverine02_zpsgfptjlte.jpg

Wolverine03_zpspobpurnc.jpg

Staples are solid, I just think it's the angle of the scan. I agree that back corner is the worst of it :(

Deadpool04_zpsxwamtjlk.jpg

Deadpool05_zpseo9c5pvn.jpg

The "Hulk" on the front could probably serve to be cleaned up a bit too, but it was sold from the store as a 7 so I'm quite happy if it is indeed an 8

Given the sharp corners, I agree on a 7.0-7.5 on the Hulk.

To me there are too many color breaking creases on spine to call it a 8.0 (and pressing would not help for these).

The New Mutants… I agree on a NM- but can be a NM – hard to judge at this level from the pictures.

Thanks everyone for their input! I really want to get it cleaned/graded just very nervous of the whole process (never submitted a book before and being on the east coast of Canada there is no conventions close to submit at). It's by far my prized possession but one day I'll take the leap and be without it for 6months or so lol

Thanks everyone for their input! I really want to get it cleaned/graded just very nervous of the whole process (never submitted a book before and being on the east coast of Canada there is no conventions close to submit at). It's by far my prized possession but one day I'll take the leap and be without it for 6months or so lol

Find a facilitator which is a reputable dealer you can trust. You could ask some canadian sellers.

I’m in Italy and the only time I submitted has been thanks to a gracious UK seller which is also a member here. :)

They are not back in my hands yet but I eventually had sent off the 181 and a different copy of NM 98 (my LCS had a better copy that I upgraded to for a bit of store credit).

The 181 is coming back a 8.5 :D I'll post pictures when it arrives

They are not back in my hands yet but I eventually had sent off the 181 and a different copy of NM 98 (my LCS had a better copy that I upgraded to for a bit of store credit).

The 181 is coming back a 8.5 :D I'll post pictures when it arrives

Congrats! I just got my 181 back that was in similar condition grade higher than I thought it would. Great feeling :cloud9: