• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sell or hold?

252 posts in this topic

Wow is the guy who consistently drops in to threadkrap various books' and artists' "appreciation threads" the same guy who is now telling people they should be allowed to collect what they enjoy and admire the "artform" of comics books? :ohnoez:

-J.

(meh. Not the place, for now.)

Your comments aren't accurate, either of them. No one is telling anyone they "should be allowed" to do anything. It is a reminder; nothing more, and nothing less.

A thread titled "sell or hold" is a bit over the top, even for this environment we're in now.

Again: I find it sad that the (occasionally hostile) resistance even exists. Reminding everyone that there is an artform underneath the money is a GOOD THING, and yet...here we are.

Now you're just trying to get the thread back on topic.

Sell everything. How's that?

Getting better.

Hold everything?

No comment since you didn"t state what you're holding.

5,000 maxx ashcans I believe

Ok then.

Preacher 1?

Hold, Mortimer....hold!!!!

The last Preacher 1 CGC 9.8 sold at $601.

This was an auction price though, not a BIN....auctions in January suck ever more than usual.

If I had a CGC 9.8 right now, I would just list it at a 30 day $1150 BIN + shipping/insurance....hit relist for a couple months if need be...and wait intil I it sold.

The time to sell CGC graded copies was right when the trailer broke, though I am wholly confident it will pick up fire as the show gets closer and starts to air.

The combination of speculator hype and the simple fact that the trailer looks like the show will be very good quickly drove CGC 9.8's to over $1000 BIN's.

I sold my CGC 9.8 for $800, at the time mine was the last BIN priced at $800....then the sales on CGC 9.8's were hitting $1000, within a couple days.

I am sure that the book will pick up steam as the second trailer hits, and the show actually starts airing....and the slump of Dec-Feb passes, as well.

I have a solid raw 9.8, which I will be having Fabry sign/sketch at Wizard Philly, graded onsite...just bought a raw copy off eBay last night for $110 BIN shipped.I will be pressing that book and having Fabry sign it.That one won't be a 9.8 but it'll be close.

Also bought a run of #2-57 for $150 shipped off eBay 2 days ago....hell, I already had multiples of early issues but I will continue to buy all the damn Preacher's I can, on the cheap, when I can.

I'll likely be coughing up well over $600 on CGC fees for Preacher books alone, at Wizard Philly lol

Ok then.

Preacher 1?

Sell. You can use the money between and whenever the show premieres to make more money than you will just by waiting for the book to go up in anticipation of the premiere. But really that depends on how much time and "work" you want to put into it.

Ok then.

Preacher 1?

Hold, Mortimer....hold!!!!

The last Preacher 1 CGC 9.8 sold at $601.

This was an auction price though, not a BIN....auctions in January suck ever more than usual.

If I had a CGC 9.8 right now, I would just list it at a 30 day $1150 BIN + shipping/insurance....hit relist for a couple months if need be...and wait intil I it sold.

The time to sell CGC graded copies was right when the trailer broke, though I am wholly confident it will pick up fire as the show gets closer and starts to air.

The combination of speculator hype and the simple fact that the trailer looks like the show will be very good quickly drove CGC 9.8's to over $1000 BIN's.

I sold my CGC 9.8 for $800, at the time mine was the last BIN priced at $800....then the sales on CGC 9.8's were hitting $1000, within a couple days.

I am sure that the book will pick up steam as the second trailer hits, and the show actually starts airing....and the slump of Dec-Feb passes, as well.

I have a solid raw 9.8, which I will be having Fabry sign/sketch at Wizard Philly, graded onsite...just bought a raw copy off eBay last night for $110 BIN shipped.I will be pressing that book and having Fabry sign it.That one won't be a 9.8 but it'll be close.

Also bought a run of #2-57 for $150 shipped off eBay 2 days ago....hell, I already had multiples of early issues but I will continue to buy all the damn Preacher's I can, on the cheap, when I can.

I'll likely be coughing up well over $600 on CGC fees for Preacher books alone, at Wizard Philly lol

Yeah, this is why I make more money than you. I refer to my earlier advice.

Alias 1?

Ok then.

Preacher 1?

Sell. You can use the money between and whenever the show premieres to make more money than you will just by waiting for the book to go up in anticipation of the premiere. But really that depends on how much time and "work" you want to put into it.

^^

You would be crazy to not dump any new book that jumps to $20 almost instantly...

depends on the book and whether you think it will still command a good price after you get it back from CGC.

Which is only 6 months turnaround time right so good luck predicting that. lol

Now you're just trying to get the thread back on topic.

Sell everything. How's that?

Getting better.

Hold everything?

No comment since you didn"t state what you're holding.

Hes holding on to his balls waiting for the 90s again :devil: