• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sell or hold?

252 posts in this topic

Now you're just trying to get the thread back on topic.

Sell everything. How's that?

Getting better.

Hold everything?

No comment since you didn"t state what you're holding.

Hes holding on to his balls waiting for the 90s again :devil:

Yeah, I hope not. That was a disaster that nearly took down the entire industry.

I do find it sad that people need to be reminded that comics is an artform, and if people don't treat it as an artform, but rather just a way to make money, it will eventually go away altogether.

I find that sad, and I find the (occasionally hostile) resistance to be very sad. Expected, of course, but incredibly sad, especially on a "comic book message board."

This is the exact same perspective that filled the industry in the early to mid 90's.

:popcorn:

In spades. :sumo:

Ok then.

Preacher 1?

Hold, Mortimer....hold!!!!

The last Preacher 1 CGC 9.8 sold at $601.

This was an auction price though, not a BIN....auctions in January suck ever more than usual.

If I had a CGC 9.8 right now, I would just list it at a 30 day $1150 BIN + shipping/insurance....hit relist for a couple months if need be...and wait intil I it sold.

The time to sell CGC graded copies was right when the trailer broke, though I am wholly confident it will pick up fire as the show gets closer and starts to air.

The combination of speculator hype and the simple fact that the trailer looks like the show will be very good quickly drove CGC 9.8's to over $1000 BIN's.

I sold my CGC 9.8 for $800, at the time mine was the last BIN priced at $800....then the sales on CGC 9.8's were hitting $1000, within a couple days.

I am sure that the book will pick up steam as the second trailer hits, and the show actually starts airing....and the slump of Dec-Feb passes, as well.

I have a solid raw 9.8, which I will be having Fabry sign/sketch at Wizard Philly, graded onsite...just bought a raw copy off eBay last night for $110 BIN shipped.I will be pressing that book and having Fabry sign it.That one won't be a 9.8 but it'll be close.

Also bought a run of #2-57 for $150 shipped off eBay 2 days ago....hell, I already had multiples of early issues but I will continue to buy all the damn Preacher's I can, on the cheap, when I can.

I'll likely be coughing up well over $600 on CGC fees for Preacher books alone, at Wizard Philly lol

Yeah, this is why I make more money than you. I refer to my earlier advice.

Alias 1?

Jessica Jones was renewed for a second season...just sayin'. hm

To be clear, I am not saying selling Preacher 1 now is not a good move.....if you can net a decent profit.

Getting $600 for a cgc 9.8...and then losing 10% to eBay's vig, would leave me feeling less than all that snazzy.

I wouldn't frown at $800 in cash for a slabbed 9.8 but considering that I can get Fabry's sig and sketch on the book (as well as the stack of other raw Preacher books I have) before the show airs and have it graded onsite when Fabry puts his pen to it....

...I'd rather just wait to have my Preacher's slabbed.

Here is one for ya.

Deadpool series.

I have, and am not a fan of, collected Deadpool issues over the years. I have never been a big fan of his. With the movie approaching, Sell or Hold?

Except for NM 98, I think it is time to sell Deadpool.

Here is one for ya.

Deadpool series.

I have, and am not a fan of, collected Deadpool issues over the years. I have never been a big fan of his. With the movie approaching, Sell or Hold?

Even NM 98's should be sold. I got $385 for a 9.2 which is almost $100 over GPA.

Here is one for ya.

Deadpool series.

Was planning on listing soon, before the movie

Ok then.

Preacher 1?

Hold, Mortimer....hold!!!!

The last Preacher 1 CGC 9.8 sold at $601.

This was an auction price though, not a BIN....auctions in January suck ever more than usual.

If I had a CGC 9.8 right now, I would just list it at a 30 day $1150 BIN + shipping/insurance....hit relist for a couple months if need be...and wait intil I it sold.

The time to sell CGC graded copies was right when the trailer broke, though I am wholly confident it will pick up fire as the show gets closer and starts to air.

The combination of speculator hype and the simple fact that the trailer looks like the show will be very good quickly drove CGC 9.8's to over $1000 BIN's.

I sold my CGC 9.8 for $800, at the time mine was the last BIN priced at $800....then the sales on CGC 9.8's were hitting $1000, within a couple days.

I am sure that the book will pick up steam as the second trailer hits, and the show actually starts airing....and the slump of Dec-Feb passes, as well.

I have a solid raw 9.8, which I will be having Fabry sign/sketch at Wizard Philly, graded onsite...just bought a raw copy off eBay last night for $110 BIN shipped.I will be pressing that book and having Fabry sign it.That one won't be a 9.8 but it'll be close.

Also bought a run of #2-57 for $150 shipped off eBay 2 days ago....hell, I already had multiples of early issues but I will continue to buy all the damn Preacher's I can, on the cheap, when I can.

I'll likely be coughing up well over $600 on CGC fees for Preacher books alone, at Wizard Philly lol

Yeah, this is why I make more money than you. I refer to my earlier advice.

Alias 1?

Jessica Jones was renewed for a second season...just sayin'. hm

To be clear, I am not saying selling Preacher 1 now is not a good move.....if you can net a decent profit.

Getting $600 for a cgc 9.8...and then losing 10% to eBay's vig, would leave me feeling less than all that snazzy.

I wouldn't frown at $800 in cash for a slabbed 9.8 but considering that I can get Fabry's sig and sketch on the book (as well as the stack of other raw Preacher books I have) before the show airs and have it graded onsite when Fabry puts his pen to it....

...I'd rather just wait to have my Preacher's slabbed.

You're assuming quite a bit about Fabry. You could also sell, buy and go with your plan.