• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars VIII - SPOILER thread

26 posts in this topic

This thread is for spoilers for episode VIII (that's an 8, not a 7 or 9). I didn't seen an episode 8 spoiler thread... if one already exists, sorry about that...

SO, SPOILER WARNING!!!!!! STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED ON EPISODE 8!!!!

Okay, first off, supposedly, something called "disney infinity" (I have no idea what that is) has supposedly leaked Rey's true identity, and that is that she is (SPOILER WARNING!!!!) luke's daughter.

But, here's the thing. That sucks, is mundane, and was basically "given away" by the first movie. That is, TFA seems to want to make you think she is luke's daughter. So why save that for a "surprise" since they were already telegraphing that?

There's another "theory" going around that she is someone else... namely... (SPOILER WARNING AGAIN!!!!) ... Anakin. Of course, she doesn't know this, because she has no memory of her past life. You can read more about the theory here: http://9gag.com/gag/adj7b1d?ref=fbp

I frankly like this idea SO MUCH MORE than the idea that she is just luke's daughter. I makes the last trilogy actually fit the first two more, since the first two were really about anakin. It's weird to have a trilogy that isn't about him at all.

Here's what I'm hoping - we know episode 8 is undergoing rewrites, and has been pushed back 6 months. Could it be, maybe, just maybe, the powers that be at disney have seen this theory, gone "HOLY SPOON THAT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE SPOON WE WROTE" and are rewriting episode 8 to fit this theory?

I believe the Disney Infinity thing was already debunked. Something about a video game and a phrase being misheard.

Kylo Ren called her "cousin" in a promotional video...he actually says something else indecipherable but it is not "cousin".

This thread is for spoilers for episode VIII (that's an 8, not a 7 or 9). I didn't seen an episode 8 spoiler thread... if one already exists, sorry about that...

SO, SPOILER WARNING!!!!!! STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED ON EPISODE 8!!!!

Okay, first off, supposedly, something called "disney infinity" (I have no idea what that is) has supposedly leaked Rey's true identity, and that is that she is (SPOILER WARNING!!!!) luke's daughter.

But, here's the thing. That sucks, is mundane, and was basically "given away" by the first movie. That is, TFA seems to want to make you think she is luke's daughter. So why save that for a "surprise" since they were already telegraphing that?

There's another "theory" going around that she is someone else... namely... (SPOILER WARNING AGAIN!!!!) ... Anakin. Of course, she doesn't know this, because she has no memory of her past life. You can read more about the theory here: http://9gag.com/gag/adj7b1d?ref=fbp

I frankly like this idea SO MUCH MORE than the idea that she is just luke's daughter. I makes the last trilogy actually fit the first two more, since the first two were really about anakin. It's weird to have a trilogy that isn't about him at all.

Here's what I'm hoping - we know episode 8 is undergoing rewrites, and has been pushed back 6 months. Could it be, maybe, just maybe, the powers that be at disney have seen this theory, gone "HOLY SPOON THAT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE SPOON WE WROTE" and are rewriting episode 8 to fit this theory?

I started off hating the idea but I actually kind of like it now. It's really deep. I'm not sure the target audience would be able to process it properly.

I started off hating the idea but I actually kind of like it now. It's really deep. I'm not sure the target audience would be able to process it properly.

Same. When I read the post, my first thought was "that's lame". When you read the reasoning/evidence, it actually works.

I would still prefer that she is Luke's daughter, just because.

She could be both Luke's daughter and Anakin reincarnated though, if they don't have her being conceived the father-less way like Anakin was.

It wont work if you consider Anakin is Snoke

She could be both Luke's daughter and Anakin reincarnated though, if they don't have her being conceived the father-less way like Anakin was.

He's not. The characterization is all wrong!

The Scar matches.

That has to mean something.

It is more likely Anakin is Snoke than the Other Theory he is Darth Plageis

The Scar matches.

That has to mean something.

It is more likely Anakin is Snoke than the Other Theory he is Darth Plageis

Yes, that is an odd coincidence hm But I don't think that alone is a good enough reason. It just doesn't seem like the right call given the character's arc.

Snoke has both of his hands, and they don't appear to be robotic. So, if it's anakin, he went to the trouble to get a cosmetically correct missing hand (even though he never cared about having a cosmetically correct hand before), but didn't bother doing anything about that horrible scar on his head or those burns all over his face.