• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have Bronze Age Romance had their day

15 posts in this topic

There was a time when this genre of books use to make very good prices but they seemed to have cooled down a great deal over the last few years. Im not just talking about high grade romance 100 pages(some of which use to fetch astonishing prices) but the early, key and scarce issues use to fetch way over guide. Is it the case that everyone has managed to get the issues they are after and there was only a small group of collectors who collected the genre anyway or are we likely to see impressive prices again if they were to turn up in very high grade(9.6/9.8).

no, i think new batches of collectors will come upon them and think they're neat every couple of years.

it may be that the BA 9.8 slab chasers have already gotten what they want though. i don't know how many new ones of those are born each year.

To blob's point, I'm one of those "new batches" who only just discovered how neat they were. I've been wanting to start a raw Bronze Romance collection for the last year or so. I've been to a handful of small con but I the examples that I found were pretty bad.

All my slabs are 9.8 but having a slab of this genre in less than 9.8 ain't bad.

It's definitely not easy to find a high grade My Love #14. But there are 7 copies in 9.0 or better in the census. So at least some people submit the book. There still isn't a slabbed copy of My Love #20. And #16 and #19 only have 2 copies each. And there's still only one slabbed copy of Our Love Story #20.

I've been searching for VF or better copies of My Love 4,11, 13, and Our Love Story 9 for several years now. I don't chase the 9.6/9.8 stuff.

I remember a decent My Love 4 came up on Clink a few years back, but I was outbid.

The easiest run to put together in HG for me was Night Nurse.

To blob's point, I'm one of those "new batches" who only just discovered how neat they were. I've been wanting to start a raw Bronze Romance collection for the last year or so. I've been to a handful of small con but I the examples that I found were pretty bad.

All my slabs are 9.8 but having a slab of this genre in less than 9.8 ain't bad.

i am not really a collector of these per se because i don't target particular issues/do't really know which issues are HTF,, but i do buy them when i see them priced right and have a kitchy cover, etc. not being a collector...I probably have about a short box of them though.

Try finding a My Love #14. Practically impossible.

I have a completely water-stained copy. Still, :grin:

I had a Good-ish copy for ages... finally, finally managed to upgrade to a 5.5 or so some years back. I'm not a romance connoisseur, but I love that Woodstock cover & story! Without a doubt, the toughest time I've ever had upgrading a bronze age book.

I had a Good-ish copy for ages... finally, finally managed to upgrade to a 5.5 or so some years back. I'm not a romance connoisseur, but I love that Woodstock cover & story! Without a doubt, the toughest time I've ever had upgrading a bronze age book.

I'm just trying to find a low- to mid-grade copy to finish a November 1971, 25-cent, Marvel lot. I've never seen a copy at any shows.

I'm just trying to find a low- to mid-grade copy to finish a November 1971, 25-cent, Marvel lot. I've never seen a copy at any shows.

You could try a post in the WTB section.

It's been a few years, but I'm pretty sure I sold my undercopy here (and for peanuts, natch). :facepalm:

You could try a post in the WTB section.

It's been a few years, but I'm pretty sure I sold my undercopy here (and for peanuts, natch). :facepalm:

I did try one a few months ago. Nothing. :boo: