• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vs. Tournament, Round 2, Bracket 3

Who would win?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

22 posts in this topic

Thor, Spidey, GL (hey he doesn't wear metal and is more effective at range with the handy dandy power ring) and Darkseid...those Omega Beams would turn him into the ever lovin pile of gravel.

I think here's where strength battle ends and the popularity contest starts. My mind says Juggy, but my heart says Spidey, so I went with my heart. I picked Thor, Magneto, and the Thing (again, I just hate to see someone like Darkseid in the final four).

Thor, Juggernaut (Juggernaut would destroy Spiderman unless there was another fifty foot deep pit of cemen) Darkseid...

Magneto over Green Lantern in a close one, I picked Magneto for creative reasons, he always seemed more creative and used his powers more intelligently than any Green Lantern.

Juggernaut (Juggernaut would destroy Spiderman unless there was another fifty foot deep pit of cemen) Darkseid...

i really hope you dropped a 'T' there on cement and weren't trying to spell something else.....otherwise there's a storyline i never want to read.....

893applaud-thumb.gif

Juggernaut (Juggernaut would destroy Spiderman unless there was another fifty foot deep pit of cemen) Darkseid...

i really hope you dropped a 'T' there on cement and weren't trying to spell something else.....otherwise there's a storyline i never want to read.....

893applaud-thumb.gif

yeah...

In all fairness I have my opinions on these matchups as everyone does and I post them. Normally I just post who I think will win and why and let it go at that but it would appear that the Magneto vs Green Lantern fight will be closer than expected so I am now going to lobby for votes for my favorite superhero Green Lantern.

Green Lantern has virtually a limitless amount of attacks and defenses due to his power ring. Magneto can do one thing which would be control metal......many heros in the Marvel universe have defeated Magneto and compared to that GL has defeated some major Badarses in the DC universe. GL is one of the big guns for the JLA and I think we should look at him that way....as a real contender to win this thing. Given the right enviornment GL could beat Darkseid can you say the same about Magneto?

Just my 2 cents,

Eric

magneto controls electromagnetic fields. green lantern lives in an electromagnetic field, as do all of us.

it's really not much of a contest. and name me a villan that's ever had more than a fleeting victory.

given the right environment, kitty freakin pryde would beat green lantern.

magneto, and it's really not that close

Hal Jordan is not a villain.

Any rumours heard to the contrary are spread by John Stewart and Guy Gardner who both have inferiority complexes and ring envy and have had it for HJ since they were first written.

lol

i know HJ isn't a villan. my comment was directed at eric's claim that HJ had the edge because "many heros in the Marvel universe have defeated Magneto and compared to that GL has defeated some major Badarses in the DC universe."

the "right environment" part had to do with eric's statement that "Given the right enviornment GL could beat Darkseid." i guess i should have said kitty could beat darkseid, then. my mistake

The correct answers are:

Thor-reason-uru hammer

Spidey-reason- read the issue where Juggy kills Madame Web and Spidey sinks Juggy into a building's foundation.

GL-reason-not sure just my gut..but is GLs ring made of metal?

Darkseid-reason-he outclasses Thing by a bunch.

Maybe this should have been:

Thor vs Dark Seid

GL vs Magneto

Thing vs Juggy

Spidey vs GR-eeehhhh

And the new winners are-

Thor over DS-think Thor wins but Darkseid might fry him

GL-reason-not sure just my gut..but is GLs ring made of metal?

Juggy would wreck Ben Grimm

Spidey vs GR- Spidey always wins!

i know HJ isn't a villan. my comment was directed at eric's claim that HJ had the edge because "many heros in the Marvel universe have defeated Magneto and compared to that GL has defeated some major Badarses in the DC universe."

the "right environment" part had to do with eric's statement that "Given the right enviornment GL could beat Darkseid." i guess i should have said kitty could beat darkseid, then. my mistake

well...my last statement wasn't specifically a rebuttal of yours....it was an attempt at humour...

apparently it was a feeble attempt...but that's all it was...

confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif must work on new material.

well...my last statement wasn't specifically a rebuttal of yours....it was an attempt at humour...

apparently it was a feeble attempt...but that's all it was...

confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif must work on new material.

i'm sorry, i was distracted by your avatar. what were you saying agai