• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thread closed: $125 on Final Four IM/SM 1 Def. 1, Strange Tales 135, TTA 93

20 posts in this topic

How about $130 + $15 priority box shipped for the lot of them as a final price drop let's get these books a new home. Make it $125 shipped :insane:

I figure if I listed these on ebay they'd get somewhere in the vicinity of $200+ and folks would have to pay shipping as well to get them.

IM/SM 1

Defenders 1

Strange Tales 135

Tales to Astonish 93

I'll even throw in a few surprises in the priority box.

:takeit: is the likely winner, but I'm open to PM offers. I make the final determination, and I go with the first deal made with me.

usual rules, no probies, payment via paypal only for these

Outside US, PM me for shipping costs.

This listing is only for a handful of Bronze and Silver. Note none of these are pressed, but it would definitely improve them. I'm tempted to keep a few, but I'm selling these for a friend.

Shipping is $15 priority mail box or $8 priority mailer for up to two comics in the US

Iron Man / Sub Mariner 1: $100

Solid tight copy, feint bottom right corner crease.....very feint. small dust shadow on back cover and what looks like a little foxing along the spine, but scan makes it look horrible (much nicer in hand). Did I already say tight and glossy? Call it a 8.0? Way better than the Ebay VF/NM copies I see that have sold for well over my ask. #1 BEFORE THE "68 #1 MARVEL RAGE.

Marvel Premiere 1: :news: sold

Solid clean copy with nice black colors. 7.0 is my estimation of the grade. This copy has very nice registration. Minor spine tics and a tiny nick above Warlocks left foot in the black of the cover. Very Deep Colors and a very clean back cover. WARLOCK LOVES HIS MOVIE OPTIONS

Ghost Rider 1: :news: SOLD

Solid black cover copy with light crease on the front going through the motorcycle and a bit of a bump on his knee. Some general non color breaking bends etc. I'm going to call this a 5.5-6.0 as it sits. Would press a little higher, maybe up to 7.0?

Marvel Spotlight 5: :news: SOLD

Solid clean copy with a spine tics that are obvious in the scans. Nice alignment without the spine white line. The scans really tell the tale, but there is a type of minor oil stain on the inside top of the front cover, likely just paper oils migration but it doesn't really detract from the overall presentation of the book. Thinking this one would grade out somewhere in the 5.0 range. FIRST GHOST RIDER FOR THOSE IN THE KNOW.

Defenders 1: $45

Nice general wear copy, call it a 4.5 or so

Marvel Superheroes 12: :news: SOLD

4.5, 1 " split front cover from spine at top. General warbling from glue of production, general overall wear. Tiny spot up near logo.

Strange Tales 135: $45

Crème Pages: Solid clean copy with nice back. Bottom inside free edge of cover shows a small water stain which is not readily evident from the cover. Tiny bump/tear in the center of the cover and general age wear. Giving this one a 3.5 grade but it presents much nicer. NICK FURY NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD.

Avengers 54: :news: SOLD

Solid and clean copy again with nice colors. Has general wear and some light larger creases. Lots of defects that could press out, but really I'm calling it a 3.5 and compared to an ebay VG, this looks pristine. ULTRON LOVES THE MOVIES.

Tales to Astonish 93: $10

Solid complete lower grade copy. Call it a 2.5-3.0 based upon lots of general wear. Tight centerfold, no tears to speak of or pieces missing? GO SURFER GO SURFER.

160273.jpg.abe0f86db2c70ecbaef6dbda2711dab9.jpg

160274.jpg.57f33e0e3c24523dfb76ea3807511a38.jpg

160275.jpg.f99bda2c677275cfcbb83be29d530935.jpg

160277.jpg.37926a1d62209b773b714a6c4e7e6f47.jpg

Since I have you all completely captivated with these raw copies...

Here's a list of very nice slabs recently received back to me during CGC's recent tight grading spree.....and a handful I've been meaning to offer up for a while.

Just shoot me a pm, and I'll take an iPhone photo of whatever you want to see and text it to you....my scanner just doesn't do slabs. These all present very nicely for the grades.

Strange Tales 178 CGC 9.2 White Pages $200

Strange Tales 179 CGC 9.0 White Pages $75

Strange Tales 180 CGC 7.5 White Pages $100, front presents 9.4, insanely graded as there is a light upper right corner bend that shows on the back white cover. Should have had it cleaned and pressed?

DC Comics Presents #26 CGC 9.4 White Pages $200

Tales of Suspense 59 CGC 6.5 OW/W Pages $150 (presents a ton nicer but for light bottom back edge of spine stain)...better than my 8.0 slab if not for the stain.

Fantastic Four 20 CGC 3.5 OW Pages $75, marvel chipping, but solid spine, water spot on back...presents very nicely

Tales of Suspense 55 CGC 7.0 White Pages $65

Tales of Suspense 55 CGC 7.5 White Pages $95

Brave and the Bold 43 CGC 9.0 White Pages (slight A) $125 restoration includes small amount of glue on spine of cover. Looks to be at bottom staple?

National Comics 52 CGC 8.0 OW Pages $115 old label Big Apple Pedigree

:news: SOLD Sparkler Comics 74 CGC 7.0 White Pages $65, Central Valley Pedigree....I still think this cover is an unsung visual double entendre cover :sumo:

How about $130 + $15 priority box shipped for the lot of them as a final price drop let's get these books a new home.

I figure if I listed these on ebay they'd get somewhere in the vicinity of $200+ and folks would have to pay shipping as well to get them.

IM/SM 1

Defenders 1

Strange Tales 135

Tales to Astonish 93

Take a look at these slabs and please ask to see images if interested

Since I have you all completely captivated with these raw copies...

Here's a list of very nice slabs recently received back to me during CGC's recent tight grading spree.....and a handful I've been meaning to offer up for a while.

Just shoot me a pm, and I'll take an iPhone photo of whatever you want to see and text it to you....my scanner just doesn't do slabs. These all present very nicely for the grades.

Strange Tales 178 CGC 9.2 White Pages $200

Strange Tales 179 CGC 9.0 White Pages $75

Strange Tales 180 CGC 7.5 White Pages $100, front presents 9.4, insanely graded as there is a light upper right corner bend that shows on the back white cover. Should have had it cleaned and pressed?

DC Comics Presents #26 CGC 9.4 White Pages $200

Tales of Suspense 59 CGC 6.5 OW/W Pages $150 (presents a ton nicer but for light bottom back edge of spine stain)...better than my 8.0 slab if not for the stain.

Fantastic Four 20 CGC 3.5 OW Pages $75, marvel chipping, but solid spine, water spot on back...presents very nicely

Tales of Suspense 55 CGC 7.0 White Pages $65

Tales of Suspense 55 CGC 7.5 White Pages $95

Brave and the Bold 43 CGC 9.0 White Pages (slight A) $125 restoration includes small amount of glue on spine of cover. Looks to be at bottom staple?

National Comics 52 CGC 8.0 OW Pages $115 old label Big Apple Pedigree

:news: SOLD Sparkler Comics 74 CGC 7.0 White Pages $65, Central Valley Pedigree....I still think this cover is an unsung visual double entendre cover :sumo:

How about $130 + $15 priority box shipped for the lot of them as a final price drop let's get these books a new home.

IM/SM 1

Defenders 1

Strange Tales 135

Tales to Astonish 93

Really..... Ok let's try this one last time $125 shipped priority in USA for these four issues

Closing this at end of day

Will start a new thread for slabs only as these are really nice and I have another 10-20 to add

Might even take a couple photos :sumo:

Buy the raws remaining so I don't have to sell them on eBay and make more money.