• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resub this Avengers 11?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've had this slabbed copy of Avengers 11 for a while and I was thinking about cracking it and resubmitting it to see how CGC would grade it the second time around.

But before I do any slab cracking, I'd like to hear your guesses on the grade. The only issue with this book is the CBC on the bottom right edge. I know this isn't a minor issue, but as you can see from the graders notes, it is the only problem.

I'll post the actual grade later this evening.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Grader Notes: Right Bottom Front Cover Medium Crease Breaks Color

ynPr1vPh.jpg

nT1pTnVh.png

PCgYdp5h.jpg

As nice as the rest of the book looks, the size of the color breaking crease and the tear makes 7.0 as generous a grade as one should expect.

It could easily come back a 6.5. Crack it if you want, but I wouldn't resubmit.

With that edge tear and the color-breaking creases, I wouldn't grade it any higher than 5.0.

EDIT: I can't believe they gave it a 7.0. I would not have it re-graded under any circumstances. Zero chance of getting that gift grade again.

With that edge tear and the color-breaking creases, I wouldn't grade it any higher than 5.0.

Are you referring to that thing by Iron Man's foot? Because I don't believe that's a tear, or there's no way this should've made a 7.0.

Anyway, to echo everyone else, even with a press I don't think this book goes anywhere in terms of grade. The defects pretty much are what they are.

Are you referring to that thing by Iron Man's foot? Because I don't believe that's a tear, or there's no way this should've made a 7.0.

Anyway, to echo everyone else, even with a press I don't think this book goes anywhere in terms of grade. The defects pretty much are what they are.

You're right, it isn't a tear. And I'm pretty sure the book has already been pressed, but I could be wrong.

More or less, I was just curious to know what others thought about the assigned grade. I agree that a 7.0 is a steal even if all the flaws are in one area.

Thanks for all the input, guys! Really appreciate it (thumb u