• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - August 5-7, 2016! CGC On-Site Grading!

97 posts in this topic

The Tampa Bay Comic Con will be August 5-7 at the Tampa Convention Center right in downtown. 2015 drew about 50,000 attendees; our goal for 2016 is 60,000, which is probably the most that the venue could safely accommodate over three days.

http://tampabaycomiccon.com/

10' x 10' corner booths are only $550 (plus tax)! Be sure to check out the "Hotel/Travel" section of our website to reserve your room in the Tampa Bay Comic Con group block for a discounted price.

"Like" us on Facebook to see guest announcements as they happen! https://www.facebook.com/tampabaycomiccon/

Here's the guest list we've announced so far:

Creators:

Bob-Camp-polaroid-240.jpgPeter-David-polaroid-240.jpgDon-Rosa-polaroid-240.jpg

Dan-Veesenmeyer-polaroid-240.jpgSteve-McNiven-polaroid-240.jpgNeal-Adams-polaroid-240.jpg

Chad-Hardin-polaroid-240.jpgMichael-Golden-polaroid-240.jpgGeorge-Perez-polaroid-240.jpg

TBCC16-Tim-Townsend-240.jpgKhoi-Pham-polaroid-240.jpgTBCC16-Tim-Bradstreet-polaroid-240.jpg

Heather-Rooney-240.jpgSean-Chen-240.jpgRob-Hunter-240.jpg

TBCC16-Bob-Layton.jpgBernie-Wrightson-240.jpgJim-Shooter-240.jpg

Ron-Marz-240.jpegColleen-Doran-240.jpgRoy-Richardson-240.jpg

June-Brigman-240.jpgDan-Jurgens-240.jpgAllen-Bellman-240.jpg

Authors:

Terry-Brooks-240.jpegRA-Salvatore-240.jpegKevin-J-Anderson-240.jpeg

Celebrities:

TBCC16-Ian-McDiarmid-Slide-360.jpgTBCC-16-Ray-Park-Slide-360.jpgTBCC-16-Jack-Gleeson-Slide-360.jpgTBCC16-Iwan-Rheon-Slide.jpgTBCC16-Norman-Reedus-Slide-360.jpgTBCC16-Krysten-Ritter-360.jpg

TBCC16-Charlie-Cox-Slide-360.jpgTBCC16-Jon-Bernthal-Slide-360.jpg

Jenna-Coleman-360.jpgIvana-Baquero-360.jpg

Cam-Clarke-polaroid-240.jpgTownsend-Coleman-polaroid-240.jpgBarry-Gordon-polaroid-240.jpg

Rob-Paulsen-polaroid-240.jpgMaurice-LaMarche-240.jpgSean-Schemmel-240.jpg

I wouldn't side with Stark on the registration issue of Civil War. The Captain America of the Marvel cinematic universe and of recent years is just another meatheaded bully, but with a "holier than thou" persona. Stark actually has a mind and creates things with it while Cap does nothing but complain and strongarm Stark.

House Stark! :whatev:

My problem is with movie Stark. Movie Stark took unto himself all the good Marvel comics story lines. He is the smartest of them all because there's no Reed Richards. Hulk is no longer strongest of them all; let's toss out his only interesting quality. Howard Stark's hands were on all of the Golden Age. Jarvis lives inside Shellhead & then becomes Vision. Does Stark tech operate Bifrost? RDJ's star power & management team have driven narrative decisions. So, when I say movie Stark, I really mean RDJ, Inc.

Comic book Cap could never fight comic book Stark or movie Stark. Ultimates Cap could. Movie Cap is better than comics Cap because he's more like Ultimates Cap. Cap always needed to power-up some.

Is anyone else wondering why Tampa Comic Con is at the same time as Wizard World Orlando? Won't they be cannibalizing the customer base?

I've never been to the Tampa Con but have wanted to check it out for a while now. Do you think Tampa will be more comic-centric?

Is anyone else wondering why Tampa Comic Con is at the same time as Wizard World Orlando? Won't they be cannibalizing the customer base?

I've never been to the Tampa Con but have wanted to check it out for a while now. Do you think Tampa will be more comic-centric?

Wizard Orlando cancelled.

Tampa Bay Comic Con is the finest comic book show south of Heroes Con in Charlotte.

Wizard Orlando cancelled.

Tampa Bay Comic Con is the finest comic book show south of Heroes Con in Charlotte.

Thanks for the update. I'll be a month removed from Miami Supercon so should be ready for another Con. I really want to get up to Tampa this summer even if I have to drive through the sticks and cane fields south of Lake Okeechobee to get to I-75.

That seems like a question that you should be asking WW. :whatev: