• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with X-Force #1?
1 1

255 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SBRobin said:

It's pretty interesting to read through this thread from the start and see all the comments from the beginning saying the market would be flooded with 9.8s in a year and when the movie becomes official, but then seeing only 80 9.8s graded in the last 14 months. 

Only one on ebay I can see too.

5 hours ago, SBRobin said:

It's pretty interesting to read through this thread from the start and see all the comments from the beginning saying the market would be flooded with 9.8s in a year and when the movie becomes official, but then seeing only 80 9.8s graded in the last 14 months. 

Funny how that happens, huh? And no one ever comes back to say "oops."

No one makes the effort to grade these is the short answer. If the money keeps rising then they will.

Look I realize some of you are looking hard and or have only found a couple, but the laws of average tell you they are out there.

Any other book I wouldn't disagree, but come on. All of you were there when this book came out. I still find tons of copies
in long boxes. Just 1% of this print run in 9.8 is a lot.

10 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

No one makes the effort to grade these is the short answer. If the money keeps rising then they will.

Look I realize some of you are looking hard and or have only found a couple, but the laws of average tell you they are out there.

Any other book I wouldn't disagree, but come on. All of you were there when this book came out. I still find tons of copies
in long boxes. Just 1% of this print run in 9.8 is a lot.

I don't think it does though because of the printing defect line that can be found on the front and / or back. Most that I have seen have it.

12 hours ago, jokiing said:

Of the 15 good copies that I have, maybe only two could make the 9.8 grade... Rest have slight chipping/color lose along the spine.

Doesn't always mean they won't grade a 9.8. What about the printing lines?

I sent one of my 8 copies in and it received a 9.4 due to the score/scratch line down the front cover (grader notes). Somehow I missed the score line when I sent it in, but otherwise I believe it should be a 9.8. Unfortunately all of my copies have this score line to varying degrees. After reading this thread, apparently this score line is a manufacturing defect. Why is it being reduced in grade? I though manufacturing issues, got a pass.

Edited by FutureFlash

31 minutes ago, divad said:

When did y'all start calling this a printing defect? It's not. It's once again, the seam imprint from the stoopid poly-bag. :makepoint:

No, no, not that...  a lot of these books have an ink scratch/roller track mark on the front cover.

3 minutes ago, I like pie said:

:S

Any graders notes?

no. I got 5 9.6s in that batch of 12 comics and only one had notes. And it wasn't this one or the ASM 238 but Spider-Man 13 from the McFarlane run. :p

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I don't think it does though because of the printing defect line that can be found on the front and / or back. Most that I have seen have it.

Doesn't always mean they won't grade a 9.8. What about the printing lines?

Of the twenty I bought fresh, only 5 had lines on the front

When i get some results ill let you know i have some that were boarded at the beginning they may have a better possibility of attaining high grade..the 9.4 i sent had no spine cracks so i must have missed something ..cause they didnt

24 minutes ago, jokiing said:

Of the twenty I bought fresh, only 5 had lines on the front

What about the one on the back? Also, 20 of a couple million isn't a good sample size. Neither is mine personally, but others have had the same results.

4 hours ago, divad said:

When did y'all start calling this a printing defect? It's not. It's once again, the seam imprint from the stoopid poly-bag. :makepoint:

3 hours ago, 500Club said:

No, no, not that...  a lot of these books have an ink scratch/roller track mark on the front cover.

Yup, front and back. I had a note on my New mutants 98, something to the effect of "common ink line" and it got a 9.6.

19 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

What about the one on the back? Also, 20 of a couple million isn't a good sample size. Neither is mine personally, but others have had the same results.

Sorry, I wasn't  clear... The lines were only on the front... all 20 backs are clear of defect/damage.... Wonder if the defect varied by region?.... or would they all have been printed and bagged in one place? Mine were picked up in So California... Bags are marked, Printed in Canada (assuming that's just the bag?)